Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meli93ssa Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Oct 10, 2009, 12:17 PM
    I am really confused
    Hey everyone hope you can help me
    I am really confused my parents have been arguing for two weeks and today they just said they can't do anything to save their relationship only if they divorce
    I am not agreeing with this and I want to help :(

Oct 10, 2009, 12:33 PM
    . I'm confused
    Hey everyone I'm 16
    I have a delicated situation
    Me and my parents are really closed to each other but today I was in real panick
    My parents have been arguing for more than two weeks and is just not working out but today they want o separate from each other and I am totally disagreeing with this
    What shell I do? I love them both and I won be able to live with only one :((
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2009, 12:46 PM

This is their decision, unfortunately, and not yours. You can, of course, recommend counselling for one or both of them. I would be very careful not to get in the middle or pick one parent over the other.

Has divorce been threatened before?
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by meli93ssa View Post
    hey everyone im 16
    I have a delicated situation
    Me and my parents are really closed to each other but today I was in real panick
    My parents have been arguing for more than two weeks and is just not working out but today they want o separate from each other and I am totaly disagreeing with this
    What shell I do ?? I love them both and I won be able to live with only one :((

Asked and answered on your other thread - please don't keep posting the same question.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 10, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Threads merged

Oct 10, 2009, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    This is their decision, unfortunately, and not yours. You can, of course, recommend counselling for one or both of them. I would be very careful not to get in the middle or pick one parent over the other.

Has divorce been threatened before?
    Yes but not so many times :( I feel like I'm going mad now because I'm really used with my parents and this situation its dificult for me
    Uber Member

Oct 10, 2009, 12:56 PM

Divorce - or threats of divorce - are difficult for everyone. Is there an adult you trust that you can talk to? Perhaps a counsellor at school or church? A clergyman? A relative?

I notice from your other thread that you have a history of cutting yourself. I notice that you cut yourself again today. I am not blaming you in any way but is your behavior a result of their fighting or is their fighting a result of your behavior? These issues are very difficult for parents to handle. Are they blaming each other? I am also concerned if they are so involved in their own problems that they do not see your pain.

Situations like yours make many of us on the board very nervous - no one wants to say the wrong thing and cause you to harm yourself.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...ml#post2024454

Oct 10, 2009, 01:33 PM

I know what your trying to say and you are right
    I have cutted myself only twice and I know I hurts but its just at the time that my parents are arguing. This time I did it in front of them and they stopped me but now I do not know whas going to happen?
    Well this days you can't really trust anyone and I don't bellive in a God because I lost faith and interest in religion. It don't help me at all
    phlanx Posts: 213, Reputation: 13

Oct 10, 2009, 01:50 PM

I don't believe in god, but I would class myself as a spiritual aetheist.

I like the idea, of being able to work on self understanding to promote well being in myself.

I didn't have a good childhood as my parents should have got a divorce but stayed together arguing with each other all the time.

So for me once I broke free, I searched for a better way of life.

I found as many questions as I did answers, still do, after several decades

BUt the answers I did find from all sorts of sources helped me to understand myself, and I gained a little klnowledge I started to understand the world around me a little better.

There is one phrase that I created that helped me to move on - I would like to share with you

We all know the "Grass is never greener on the other side", but few realise, " But the path can be smoother"

Let me know if you would like to know some sources that helped me

Phlanx

Oct 10, 2009, 01:54 PM

If you want to then maybe that would help me

Oct 10, 2009, 02:08 PM

When I was growing up I was really confused about what was right and wrong, knowing life was bad at home but being a kid, I didn't know anything else.

So I started to look for truths, which led me onto philosphers.

And in particular Buddha.

I do not follow the beliefs of him in any ritual way, ( I like my material objects too much:) but again, he allowed me to understand that other people can share your pain while still being strangers, as they have similar experiences which have impacted on their lives.

This led me onto looking at Roman and Greek Gods.

One in particular was Janus (pronouced Yan us) who represnted the two sides of the human mind.

This helped me to understand why I was feeling low when everyone around me was feeling happy.

I don't know if these quick references will help you, but it does sound like you are struggling to understand what is happening and how to cope with it.

Obviously just talking about it is a great start

What do you have in your life that makes you happy?

Oct 10, 2009, 02:11 PM

Well in general I have everything I want I love my family and friends but I hate it when my parents argue .
    It`s all I want
    Am I asking too much ?

Oct 10, 2009, 02:16 PM

Honestly - yes.

This may sound strange, but as much love in the world cannot stop people from arguing.

Your parents have some problems - do you know what they are?

Do they know what the problem is?

When you cut yourself in front of them, you were trying to demonstrate how much hurt you are showing you by arguing so you wanted to show it them back

Unfortunately this does not find out what the problem is in the first, merely compounds the issue.

Have you found out the cause of their disagreement?

Oct 10, 2009, 02:20 PM

Well I think they were arguing because they do not love each other anymore
    But.. before this happened again and after they were like lovebirds
    .. this time I think is more serious...
    I just want them with me and it will be very hard for me to go over this :(

Oct 10, 2009, 02:23 PM

And also I did it in front of them because I want it to show them what will happen if they arguea lot
    It s affecting them but me as well

Oct 10, 2009, 02:27 PM

It is and will always have an effect on you.

For my part, I looked for a wife who I could talk to - this was the one thing above all else that I wanted out of a relationship, due to a total lack of it from my parents.

I assume you do know your parents love you just as much as you love them?

Oct 10, 2009, 02:34 PM

Yes I am sure
    It`s just that I am trying to help and have them next to me when I will need them in my life
    Have you not found her yet ?

Oct 10, 2009, 02:40 PM

Haha, Yes I have, and on occasions we still argue

The argument is caused by a little stress, tiredness, and ultimatly a little frustrastion

We are all human and need to vent these out and it is usually someone we love that we do it to

Your parents will always be there for you, regardless of what happens.

I am afraid the control of whether they stay together or move apart is out of your hands.

You can certainly try to help them to understand their problems and return you will understand the problem better

Question, if your mother truned round and cut herself if front of you - what would you think?

Oct 10, 2009, 02:42 PM

I don`t maybe she`s mad ha ! But there could be a reason behind why she`s doing it for

Oct 10, 2009, 02:43 PM

How would you feel about it though?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused about my ex [ 3 Answers ]

So 13 months ago today I started dating this guy and immediately fell in love. He was my first love and I couldn't see myself without him. Then after about 6 months of dating we broke up because he was moving to another city. We still hung out every once and a while and were intimate but didn't get...

I'm confused [ 7 Answers ]

OK I have a friend and we've been pretty close together and lately I've noticed that his is having more feeling towards me lately. I have a little feelings for him but not as much as he does. Ever since he has started acting that way, I have kind of egnored him. Not a lot, just a little. Do I tell...

Late period, pregnancy,confused confused [ 2 Answers ]

On 1st Aug 09, I had a very painful period which came 12days late.Before the period came, I had unusually swollen breasts,cramping consistently, consistent headache and nausea. I have been trying for a baby in the last 12months.I have never used any pill, nor gotten pregnant before. My period is...

Confused [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure if I am pregnant or what. I had my last period in September then I came off my birth control so I spotted for like two weeks but it was only enough that I noticed when I wiped. My doc did a pregnancy test and it came up negative. I now have not had my period this month and now can...

View more questions Search