Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    istandalonefy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 03:14 PM
    Antivirus and firewall.
    Also, what is the difference between anantivirus program and a firewall? Wouldn't one come bundled with the other?:confused:
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 04:03 PM

There are just antivirus programs and then there are Internet Security suites that come with antivirus/antispyware/antispam/firewall etc...

A firewall is a program that sits in between you and the internet, it analyses incoming and outgoing traffic to try to intercept threats to your security. It's mainly looking for hacking attempts.
    An antivirus utility scans the files and Registry on your computer to detect and remove viruses and other malicious software. Its realtime component prevents malicious programs from installing or launching in the first place.
    Windows comes with a firewall but having both on PC is recommended

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best firewall [ 7 Answers ]

I just want your suggistion that which is the best firewall I can use. Thanks in advance

Firewall pop up [ 3 Answers ]

I got on my computer last night and I have this firewall pop up that will not go away that says the xp Deluxe Protector has detected that somebody is transferring my private data via internet. I can't get rid of it and when I click on whether I want to block the activity or block the attack...

Spyware preventer, windows antivirus 2008, advanced antivirus,ultimate antivirus [ 3 Answers ]

Spyware preventer, windows anti virus 2008, advanced anti virus,ultimate antivirus I have all three of these things on my computer and there ruining it, I had a couple others that were just as bad in the scene of "pop ups" but much easier to get rid of >control panel add remove programs and...

Best Firewall and AntiVirus Apps [ 20 Answers ]

I've used Norton Internet Security for many years. No virus, worm, trojan, etc. has ever made it to my PC. My subscription is up and I want to look at other options. Of course the priority is reliability, but nearly equally important is that it must not be resource intensive. 1. What...

Firewall/antivirus [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if they like or dislike the EZ Armor Security Software that comes with roadrunner? I have been trying to look at reviews but can't find any. Also, can anyone tell what they think of Trend Micro's firewall protection. I currently have this for my virus protection but wasn't...

View more questions Search