Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Nov 14, 2009, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanillawannabe View Post
    Hi everyone, Im here to say I havent lightened, and i dont wanna anymnore! I always get attention from guys anyway, and i wasnt that unhappy about my looks to stay committed to lightening. I know I sound stupid...but that comment I made about darksin was based on inseccurity...i was bullied by a gang of dark skinned girls in elem school and developed an aversion to dark skin. But now im in college, and more mature. dark skinned men are gorgeous when theyre buff! but yeah. just an update. sorry if i offended anyone here who is dark.
    Lol we thought we scared you away. It takes a mature person to admit to being wrong so thank you for your apology and your explanation.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 14, 2009, 11:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanillawannabe View Post
    Hi everyone, Im here to say I havent lightened, and i dont wanna anymnore! I always get attention from guys anyway, and i wasnt that unhappy about my looks to stay committed to lightening. I know I sound stupid...but that comment I made about darksin was based on inseccurity...i was bullied by a gang of dark skinned girls in elem school and developed an aversion to dark skin. But now im in college, and more mature. dark skinned men are gorgeous when theyre buff! but yeah. just an update. sorry if i offended anyone here who is dark.
    No prob Vanillawannade. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings or anything, I thought we scared you away too. Sorry to hear about how you were bullied in high school. Sounds similar to how Rihanna was bullied in school. Glad to hear that you are having more of an open mind and better experiences. Ok much luck.
    Vanillawannabe Posts: 28, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 03:54 PM

Thanks, and good luck to all of you here with your success and happiness, you will get it!
    cafeaulait Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2009, 06:14 PM

Hey guys! I'm new to the boards.

My main reason is I like looking racially ambiguous. Lol! I love to see the look on people's faces when they are sizing me up and trying to figure out my ethnic background. Also, I'm trying to become a professional actress and right now, what's very "in" for casting directors/agencies, etc, is that racially ambiguous look. And if you look like you can play multiple ethnicities, you get more work. I typically identify as West-Indian, but I am a mix of African (Ghanaian, Sierra Leonean & Angolan,) European (Swedish, English, Irish, Welsh & Scottish,) Ashkenazi Jewish and Kalinago ancestry. People already usually think I am Latina (usually Dominican, Cuban or Colombian.) I've also gotten mistaken for Ethiopian (I think it's because I wear my hair natural... lol!), Egyptian (can't see it... lol.) So, why not play that up? ;)
    heartshinegirl Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2009, 12:38 AM

I've never lightened my skin, but the past two days I have been using what is called a "Whitening" facial cleanser. I'm already white... but I am going to try to use this to see if it helps remove light discolorations from the sun, such as sun spots or freckles I guess they are called. I just want to see how it works. I think that skin that is very translucent is beautiful, free of marks and such but I have many body freckles and moles, which I cannot get rid of because it's inherited, but I thought I would try to use this on my face to see if it lightens my skin or removes sun damage. ;) That's why I'm trying it anyway.

Xo
    Love,
    Heart
    heartshinegirl Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Nov 16, 2009, 12:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    No prob Vanillawannade. I hope I didn't hurt your feelings or anything, I thought we scared you away too. Sorry to hear about how you were bullied in highschool. Sounds similar to how Rihanna was bullied in school. Glad to hear that you are having more of an open mind and better experiences. Ok much luck.
    Well I'm white and I was bullied in school because I was a minority at my school... I was the only blonde/white girl in my class. I live in California, and most everyone I went to school with was hispanic. I have never died my hair dark brown or tanned dark to fit in... though I suppose it would have just made me stand out more... I never thought of that.

I think dark skinned people are beautiful, and very lucky to have such beautiful caramel colored skin.

I look at my own white skin and see the freckles and veins and cringe. I wonder who the heck would ever want to be this white?!
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Nov 16, 2009, 01:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by heartshinegirl View Post
    Well I'm white and I was bullied in school because I was a minority at my school... I was the only blonde/white girl in my class. I live in California, and most everyone I went to school with was hispanic. I have never died my hair dark brown or tanned dark to fit in.... though I suppose it would have just made me stand out more.... I never thought of that.

I think dark skinned people are beautiful, and very lucky to have such beautiful caramel colored skin.

I look at my own white skin and see the freckles and veins and cringe. I wonder who the heck would ever want to be this white?!?!?

We don't. Many of these people are not trying to achieve goals that make us look white. We are trying to achieve various shades of brown. NOT white. A majority of us. That is. I'd say 80%
    jganer Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2009, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cafeaulait View Post
    Hey guys! I'm new to the boards.

My main reason is I like looking racially ambiguous. Lol! I love to see the look on people's faces when they are sizing me up and trying to figure out my ethnic background. Also, I'm trying to become a professional actress and right now, what's very "in" for casting directors/agencies, etc, is that racially ambiguous look. And if you look like you can play multiple ethnicities, you get more work. I typically identify as West-Indian, but I am a mix of African (Ghanaian, Sierra Leonean & Angolan,) European (Swedish, English, Irish, Welsh & Scottish,) Ashkenazi Jewish and Kalinago ancestry. People already usually think I am Latina (usually Dominican, Cuban or Colombian.) I've also gotten mistaken for Ethiopian (I think it's because I wear my hair natural...lol!), Egyptian (can't see it...lol.) So, why not play that up? ;)
    I want to look racially ambiguous too that's why I'm lightening too. Im already light skin I just wanne get 2 shades lighter:D
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by heartshinegirl View Post
    Well I'm white and I was bullied in school because I was a minority at my school... I was the only blonde/white girl in my class. I live in California, and most everyone I went to school with was hispanic. I have never died my hair dark brown or tanned dark to fit in.... though I suppose it would have just made me stand out more.... I never thought of that.

I look at my own white skin and see the freckles and veins and cringe. I wonder who the heck would ever want to be this white?!?!?
    I agree w/ Browndeceit. My goal is to reach more of a light caramel colored complexion, like when I was a kid and not to reach white. If I wanted to reach white complexion, I would have used mono. But, instead I would like to retain some color. What brings you here to the skin lightening section, do you have hyperpigmentation, freckles, rosacea?
    anotherdimension Posts: 17, Reputation: 0

Mar 29, 2010, 04:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EggoMini View Post
    gurllll...

the next time he visited I would layer myself in MAC NC155 just for spite and slap him with a rubber glove...followed by a nice swift kick with my Doc Martens.

There are lots of attractive men who don't feel the need to down certain colors or people. I'd explode eventually.
    Hahaha good one! :D
    CaramelMocha Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Mar 31, 2010, 12:14 PM

This is officially my favorite thread..
    So many people with so many different reasons.. I love this digital family!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Custom Made Skin Lightening cream [ 10 Answers ]

I use this skin lightening cream that is custom blended by this lady who owns a skincare salon here in Newyork. Now I use her product and it is very expensive for just a small amount, but it seems like it's the only product that works for me. I'll go and say to myself I can't afford this crap but...

Home-made/cheap for skin lightening that worked for me [ 16 Answers ]

I've tried various store bought and internet bought products to lighten skin and it was all a waste of my money I think what works just as well or better in my experience is a home-made mixture that involve some plain yogurt and lemon juice. This is the website I found the info on Beauty...

Pale, Dull, and Dry Skin As a Result of Skin Lightening? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, My name is linksys2000. I am new to the "Ask Me Help Desk" forum, and site. Thanks for all of the information and perspectives. Somehow, this wealth of information leads to better decisions and ultimately thoughtful choices. So thanks to all of you for promoting this site and...

Skin lightening for dark Afro skin/ max result [ 72 Answers ]

Hey, I've been reading the forums, it is so much info to absorb. Is their anyone who has had dark Afro- Amer or Afro- Carib and are know a fairer and more even complexion from using skin lighteners. If so can you lead me in a direction, I am willing to use any regime just not too expensive. Thanks...

View more questions Search