Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kattygirl Posts: 131, Reputation: 3

Oct 9, 2009, 12:46 PM
    So my husband was arrested for
    Poss molestation of our nieces. This comes after we recently told their mother who owes us close to a thousand dollars that she would either pay up or we would take her to court. The day she is supposed to pay us she takes her children to the hospital and says that my husband touched them. After many hours of questioning the children state that yes it did happen. I at this point feel it is a ploy to attack us for trying to make her pay what she owes but of course the courts must check all allegations. When it comes to these type of charges everyone always assumes the charged is guilty. I am afraid that he will be found guilty and long story short how long of a sentence could this be? Will he dye in jail trying to serve the time? I am assuming they will find him guilty because I have no faith in the system.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 12:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kattygirl View Post
    Will he dye in jail trying to serve the time? I am assuming they will find him guilty because I have no faith in the system.
    Hello k:

No, he won't die in jail... The system works better proportionate to the quality of his lawyer. In other words, the better his lawyer, the better the system works.

excon

Oct 9, 2009, 01:59 PM
    Problem is we are poor as crap. The one lawyer I called quoted me 50,000. So we are going to be stuck with the pro bono
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2009, 02:08 PM

How old are the nieces? When was the last time your husband was in contact with them before she took them to the hospital? How often has he been alone with them? Do you have any documentation of the loan and your request to have it paid back?

Oct 9, 2009, 03:05 PM
    He was their babysitter and it has been a few weeks since he had any contact. Lowe's may have a record of the receipt for the water heater and installation services we paid for. Her oldest daughter got badly burned from boiling water so we bought the heater for her so there would be no more accidents. I know that she had accused her ex boyfriend of touching her youngest daughter but that never made it to an arrest like my husbands has. I don't know what I will do if I can never be held in my husbands arms again. I know everyone will judge him guilty and I can't do anything to stop it. I don't have much money and my home isn't worth anything so we have to take a public defender and they are not usually very good. A stupid side note is that my husband would go everywhere with our dog and my dog hasn't left his position by the door my husband walked through during the arrest. And with all this going on the sight of my dog waiting for a master that may never come home again is ripping me apart.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 03:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kattygirl View Post
    so we have to take a public defender and they are not usually very good.
    Hello again, k:

Actually, they are very good lawyers. They just don't have the resources they need. But, if you manage the defense properly, you can REQUIRE that the county SPEND the necessary funds to adequately defend your husband.

Contrary to you, I believe in the system. If your husband isn't guilty, he won't be found guilty.

excon

Oct 9, 2009, 03:29 PM
    I sat through a trial once where all the evidence was cicumstantial. The witness said that the person harassing them "didnt sound like the defendant at all" and still watched my friend go to prison. I hope and pray that this goes OK but I have seen it fail with others many times before. But I also know everyone always says they are innocent.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 9, 2009, 07:19 PM

And how old are the children? When you are asked a follow-up questions, please answer all questions.

Also for how long did he babysit?

Oct 9, 2009, 07:48 PM
    The kids are 3 and 7 and he watched them for close to a year. This just apparently all came to light last night, the day before they owed us the money.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 9, 2009, 07:51 PM

If she took them to the doctor and the doctor observed that they had been molested. This could cause for more investigation (especially since he hasn't seen them in a few weeks).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-Husband arrested for the 4th time. [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband shares joint custody of our two daughter, however his belief of being a father is doing only what's court ordered. Last week he was arrested for the 4th time for violating his house arrest. A surprise search took place and alcohol was found. He lives with his mother and step father...

Arrested in the US [ 3 Answers ]

My partner has dual citizenship UK/US. He was born in England and lived here until he was 10 yrs old. He then moved to the States with his mother. He was naturalised in the US in 1985. He got into trouble and had to serve 20 months in jail. He then returned to the UK and has never been in any...

Could I Get Arrested [ 2 Answers ]

If I had to appear in court as a witness for a murder case could I also be arrested if I had several Traffic Warrants?

My husband was arrested for domestic violence and again for breaching the law [ 1 Answers ]

He was arrested twice but he dident do anything the first time or second.there was an off duty cop who thought he pushed me into the car but he dident he hugged me from the back and asked me to sit in the car because it was cold and I was sick.I don't want to press any charges against him and want...

Can I be arrested? [ 5 Answers ]

Three years ago we got hit by a drunk driver in Texas, due to this we had to go apply for foodstamps and medicaid. Our District Attorney here referred us there while our applications to the Texas Crime Victims went through because the driver had no insurance. I just got summoned by the state...

View more questions Search