Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Oct 9, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Should I buy it?
    So Ive never really been into brand names like that, especially designer handbags. I am more into style, and a trendy look, not necessarily a brand name. So.. I recently spotted this bag in the chinese store not far from where I work. It's a cute stylish bag, but it is a fake D&G bag. Its big,black and has a medium size d&G silver emblem on the front. I really like it but I do not want to look like I am trying to be someone I am not. I am also not sure how fake it really looks, being that I have never bough a D&G bag before. I don't want to look ridiculous if everyone can tell that it is fake. So, I am just wondering opinions if I should buy it ?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 9, 2009, 09:09 AM

Those bags are illegal, so I vote no. :)
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 09:12 AM

It does not matter a damn what anyone else thinks,its your money! Your choice!

Buy it if you can afford it,and you like it.

I have fake everything,shoes,bags,clothes... the point is,its your decision... you won't look odd.
    Can your friends afford the real thing?

Oh no,I just read the previous post.

I just thought it was a lookalike.
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Oct 9, 2009, 10:09 AM

OK, so how can you tell the difference between a lookalike and a fake bag? Aren't look alikes made to look exactly like the real thing? Are lookalikes illegal? Please explain...
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 9, 2009, 11:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kia View Post
    ok, so how can you tell the difference between a lookalike and a fake bag? Aren't look alikes made to look exactly like the real thing? are lookalikes illegal? please explain...

Many people have their own definition of what constitutes a knockoff. Essentially, a knockoff, which is what you are trying to buy, is an item made to replicate the same item of another seller, while carrying that designers brand name. And YES, THIS IS ILLEGAL. Stealing someone's intellectual property is illegal whether it is a bag or an idea that is not yet made into a product. Now there are DESIGNER INSPIRED bags, which are made to look like a popular bag but do not carry the designer's name, like Dolce & Gabanna. This may or may not be illegal (it depends) as long as it does not bear the designer's name, but it is obvious still that you are carrying a designer inspired bag. Some knockoffs are not obvious, like most Louis Vuitton bags, while others are disturbingly poor in quality (seams coming apart, polyurethane instead of leather, the color being off, to name a few). The profits made from the sale of knock-offs are said to support money-laundering activities, crime, and child-labor. Hope that helps, as I am a bag fanatic and really it is based on your morals and ethics whether you want to carry a knock-off or a designer-inspired bag, I'm not here to judge you.
    summer7 Posts: 344, Reputation: 44

Oct 15, 2009, 06:48 PM

Hi,
    I heard of these sites that let you borrow the "real thing".

Click here: https://www.bagborroworsteal.com/ui/g/member

Click here: Rent Me a Handbag - Rent Designer Handbags, Rent Designer Shoes, FREE To Join! FREE Shipping!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search