Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    top1ldy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 07:08 AM
    Special Journals
    When or how often should special journal entries be posted?
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2009, 02:48 AM

For the sake of homework, as a general rule, you will not post any of the "main" columns until all entries have been made. What I mean by that is all the columns that have specific accounts and are not "other." "Other" is for anything that doesn't fit elsewhere, meaning that could be any account. Those can be posted as you do them, or all at the end of the period.

Any subsidiary postings should be done as you go.

In the end, you should follow the instructions given in the problem or by the instructor, or see if the text says something specific about it. Because what I'm saying is just what I see as a general rule.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Special journals [ 1 Answers ]

There is an bank credit memo for 1,000 what section does that belong to CASH PAYMENT JOURNAL?

Special journals and income statements [ 1 Answers ]

Please help! I am in desperate need of assistance with my homework. May1 Paid rent (80% selling space, 20% office space) S&P Management Co. 3410 $3,710 2 Sold merchandise on credit (cost $4,100) Hensel Company 8785 2/10, n/60 6,100 2 Issued credit memo...

Special Journals and A/P [ 3 Answers ]

I am confused about where A/P goes in the Cash Payments Journal. I was taught that Accounts Payable is a credit in the CP Journal but I have a book that shows that in the "Cash Payments Journal" Accounts Payable is a debit. How can it be both and who is right?

View more questions Search