Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    132686594 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 06:58 AM
    Request copy of Driver's License?
    It is my understanding that we can ask for a copy of a person's Driver's License, but not insist if they prefer not to cooperate. Is it legal to ask for the copy?
    Thanks
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 07:34 AM

I don't know why this is posted under corporate law - but...

You can basically ask anyone for anything. They don't have to cooperate.

If you are talking about exchanging info following an auto accident then, yes, the Law requires that info be exchanged.

Why do you need the info?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2009, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 132686594 View Post
    Is it legal to ask for the copy?
    Hello 1:

Sure. Is it legal for them to say no? Sure. Would I give you a copy of MY drivers license?? Never, no matter what. If we had an accident, I'd let you write down the information. But COPIES?? No way - no how.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I get driver's license with one-eye vision [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I live in Florida, I have vision in only in my right eye and my left eye doesn't have any vision I want to get a Florida driving license. I heard some people say we can get license with that one-eyed vision. To get this license, do I have to go to doctor to get a certificate and then to...

Driver's License? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm 16 and My b-day was during September and now its April and I still haven't gotten my license! Almost everyone in my grade has it and I'm sick of people saying that its amazing. I really want to know if the drivers test is hard? What should I really work on? Please HELP:confused: :confused: :o...

Driver's License [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, My name is Sylvester I am from Chicago, a new comer to Atlanta Georgia I need a drivers license in Georgia, my license was suspended in Chicago Illinois.

How to get driver's license [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a canadian citizen living in the states. How can I get a driver's license when I don't have a social security card?

Driver's License for someone MRDD [ 6 Answers ]

My son turned 16 last December and wants to get his driver's license. The DMV will require that I get a letter from his pediatrician, but other than that, they have no problem with his disability, as long as he passes the test. I am also going to seek the advise of his school teacher who has had...

View more questions Search