Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    normrefct Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2009, 04:25 AM
    Tiling over Tile. Reglazing Shower. Doing it right.
    Hello Experts!

I am not so asking for help on remodeling our small master bath.

The tile is in good condition so I want to save time and just tile over it.

What are the most important steps I need to be aware of for this project. Also, I'm
    considering just reglazing the shower stall to compliment. The stall is ceramic 3x3 from floor to ceiling. Will it last. I'm getting quotes around $650. Is it worth it for 10-15 years?

I would appreciate any advice you can share...
    suptclark Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Oct 13, 2009, 09:34 AM

The first important step is selecting the correct adhesive. It must be stated by the manufacturer for this job.
    The second important step is to allow the adhesive to cure a full 24 hours before grouting. Use the right adhesive and cure properly and the installation will last until you get tired of these tile.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiling the Shower floor-New Shower [ 1 Answers ]

We need to create a new shower 6X6. How do I prepare the floor. What are the steps before the tile is laid? How do you get it so the water drains to the drain? Michael J.

Shower tiling [ 3 Answers ]

About how long should it take to tile a shower encloser. It's 4 X 5 X 8 with a bench in one corner and a inset for shampoo bottles at the other end. The tiles are 8" X 13" and I want to put a 2" tile strip between every 2 rows of big tiles. Mark

Tiling a shower [ 1 Answers ]

How do you prepare the floor of a shower for ceramic tile

Shower tiling [ 2 Answers ]

If I'm retiling my shower, do I have to replace the pan, or can I just rough up the shower floor tile, and tile right over. I will definitely remove the wall tile, but the pan is fine and a lot of extra work.

Shower tiling [ 1 Answers ]

I'm retiling my shower. Can I tile over the shower floor without removing the tile. I intend to remove the wall tile and replace backerboard, but I don't want to chip up the floor tile and replace the pan. Thanks

View more questions Search