Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 12:23 AM
    At What Point Would a Person be Considered to be Legally Blind?
    Hi, All!

My title is basically my question.

I would like to add that, would a person being considered to be legally blind be the same thing in any jurisdiction and does being declared to be so have also to do with the occupation that the person might have, please?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 01:53 PM
    So, no takers on this one?

Thanks!
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Oct 20, 2009, 12:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    So, no takers on this one?

Thanks!
    Ok, I know that you are talking to me, Clough. :P I had to do some "googling" for this one.

But here's what I found out. So, Wiki.Answers is telling me that 20/200 is legally blind. Which makes sense because that is the largest print on the vision chart. DUH! Come on, Cherish. LOL. Thank you Clough for making me realize the obvious (to me). So legally blind is 20/200. So what someone with perfect vision can see at 200 feet, you would need to be 20 feet from the object to see.

My source:
    WikiAnswers - What does legally blind mean
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 12:36 AM
    Hi again, Momma!

So, if I can't even recognize the face of someone who is ten feet away, this being without my glasses or contacts being in, I would be considered to be legally blind?

Thanks!
    Vision Expert

Oct 20, 2009, 12:38 AM

I would say so, yes.
    Vision Expert

Oct 22, 2009, 11:37 PM
    Well, thank you SO much, Clough. That's really sweet of you, the feelings are certainly reciprocated!

P.S. Happy 20,000th post.
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 12:01 AM
    You're welcome and thanks again, Momma! :)
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2009, 10:18 PM
    Originally posted by ChihuahuaMomma:
    Throw some more of those vision questions at me... mwa hah
    You know, I just might do that Momma! ;)
    troubled2010 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 06:39 PM

Hello clough I'm not really sure how to use this site yet, but I asked a question about my paranormal experiences and u asked whether I have sought professional help. I have been to counseling/ therapist and show no signs of mental illness. Do you not believe in the paranormal?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Hi, troubled2010!

How we use this site, is to stick to the threads where the questions have been posted. I'll take a look at your thread where you asked a question about something concerning the paranormal.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Okay, I've gone back to the thread where you posted the question about the paranormal, troubled2010.

Please continue to post on it.

Yes, I do believe that things of the paranormal happen. Please continue to post on the other thread where I responded.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If a Person Has Been Blind Since Birth, Do They "See" Things in Their Minds? [ 22 Answers ]

If so, what might they see in their minds? Thanks!

Evicting a person legally [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20 yr. old son who was to stay with me 3months. He was to help with groceries, 200.00 rent a month. And his personals. Well its been almost a year and he does NOTHING. No help nothing. I've asked him to move out gave him in writing time to move and nothing. He says if you want me out get...

Need another person point of view [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my story. I have been married for 17 years to my high school sweetheart. I love him to death. Anyway, just last year I cheated on him. Was a one time thing had no meaning, but was wrong and I know that. I am going through therapy for it. Well, he tried to keep things together and really...

Legally blind? [ 1 Answers ]

I took my daughter for an eye exam today and she is 20/200 in one eye and 20/100 in the other eye for distance. 20/20 in both eyes for near. I know that 20/200 is considered legally blind but does that mean she must be 20/200 in both eyes for both near and distance?

Is warm water only considered legally habitable? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in an apartment in California where my building will undergo 3 weeks of re-plumbing. During this time the tenants will have no hot water, only warm/tepid. California law states that for a rental home to be habitable, there must be hot and cold running water. My question is: Are our...

View more questions Search