Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alphabeta Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 09:24 PM
    Long distance relationship
    I am in a long distance relationship. We see each other very seldom due to obligations beyond our control. We are married and have had a rocky relationship, though we are both determined to see it through the separation and be together again. The separation is so hard. I find myself becoming increasingly more lonely. I fill my days with working out, meaningful studies, social interactions and family. I feel as if I do all I can to utilize my time away from the relationship to grow and find myself. I just was wondering if anyone has been able to make a long distance relationship last and how they coped with feeling lonely and disconnected from their spouse? We have been separated geographically for a year and a half now. At times it seems like I have been able to make certain discoveries and revelations about myself and my life that wouldn't have come to me had I been involved in my relationship (I have some dysfunction in relationships and on a personal level), but I feel like our relationship is suffering because we cannot be together and have real interaction. I don't see us feasibly being together for possibly another year to a year and a half due to our circumstances. They cannot be changed. There is no getting together, we must either wait the separation out or part ways because we cannot deal with the loneliness. I always hear that long distance relationships do not work, is there hope for us?
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 11:10 PM

There is plenty of hope for you.
    Long distance relationships DO WORK.
    The old proverb says:-
    Being far away makes the heart grow fonder!
    I would advise strongly to keeping in constant touch with the modern means available.
    Telephone each other frequently.
    It is not expensive these days.
    Send a quick email each day and keep each other informed as to what is happening.
    Good luck, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Honesty is of the UTMOST importance.
    lonelygirl111 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 11:13 PM

Try to do nice things for him, send him handwritten letters. Also try going on webcam to see each other. Wait another year and half. Believe me it will be worth it. Once you see each other again, it will forget all thus loneliness and it will be the happiest time of your life. Just look forward to that moment and that plus your love for him, will give you faith...

experience = 3years and counting in a long distance relationship and we are only 20 ;)
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 11:32 PM

My boyfriend is 3 hours away most of the time, and we still make it work.

And when my dad was shipped overseas for a year, and then another time going to Iraq, They worked through it.

It's possible, just difficult. Keep at it, that's the only way to keep it working. Communicate as much as possible. :)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 10, 2009, 01:08 PM

Handle This: Seven Ways To Survive A Long Distance Relationship | The Frisky

Surviving a Long-Distance Relationship

See if these links helps you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Long distance relationship. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello people . I am going to share with you a long distance relationship story , I have not been able to understand what happened. So I hope you guys understand. I met this girl on fbook , a very lively girl ,she was from argentina and I am from pakistan , we became very good friends , I don't...

Long distance relationship [ 3 Answers ]

I'm still in high school living with a parent. My boyfriend lives 30 min away and he just got out of school. I use to see him every weekend. My parent has kemo every other Saturday which means I can only see him every other weekend. When I do see him my parent watches us the whole time. We only...

Long distance relationship [ 3 Answers ]

Hey guys :) guess this can also be just as fun as keeping a relationship alive I know you can't really keep anything because nothing is really yours. And lala and the more you pull the more you push away balh stuff :) I know the mottos What id like is some advice please. Anyone around...

Long Distance relationship? [ 11 Answers ]

:confused: Hi. Where do I begin :( I live on the west coast... the guy I have been seeing for about 6 months now lives on the east coast. (3000 miles away) he and I get along GREAT.. we have a great time together and really liked each other A lot. We talked every single day with text and phone...

View more questions Search