Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Keri17 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 07:46 AM
    Noma programmable 52-2570-6
    Any ideas why this system (which is new to me) always goes a degree higher than what it is set for?
    Example: I have it set for 16.5 and it goes to 17.5
    When I have it set for 17.5 it goes to 18.5

I have it on the +/- 0.3 setting

Thanks for any input...
    METT Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2006, 10:13 PM
    I guess if you set it to fixed span (+/-0.3C) it will tends to overshoot (particularly if the climate is still not too cold). You may try to set it to 5 cycles/hour mode and it may track the temperature better (but trade-off is more frequent on/off cycling)
    ogopogo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 09:11 PM
    I just got one of these, and also noticed that the heat was kicking in while the temperature is still above the set point. I have been busy pushing buttons to try to figure this out. I could be wrong, but I am getting the impression that although you can change the options while in "HEAT" mode, they don't actually "take" unless you switch the mode to "OFF" and back again. So far so good for me...
    ogopogo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2006, 05:09 PM
    Another note on this unit. I have set it on Cr 0, which the manual says is +/-0.5 degrees, but it is actually doing +/-0.3 degrees on that setting. Aside from that it is holding the right temperature now. For the record, my options are 24 hr, Cr 0, Fn 0, bL 1, rE 1, CO 9, SY 0.

Now that it is working, I love this unit. It does everything I could want and more! I especially like the auto vent feature, although I am still trying to figure out how often and how long it runs the fan.
    METT Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2006, 06:21 PM
    It will turn on the fan for several minutes (5 ?) if there is no activities in the past hour.
    grapplegrapple Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2010, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ogopogo View Post
    Another note on this unit. I have set it on Cr 0, which the manual says is +/-0.5 degrees, but it is actually doing +/-0.3 degrees on that setting. Aside from that it is holding the right temperature now. For the record, my options are 24 hr, Cr 0, Fn 0, bL 1, rE 1, CO 9, SY 0.

Now that it is working, I love this unit. It does everything I could want and more! I especially like the auto vent feature, although I am still trying to figure out how often and how long it runs the fan.
    What type of setup do you have with those settings. I just installed this unit last fall and the heat worked great but now the A/C is not kicking on. I am using a forced air gas furnace and a single phase HVAC. They are both older models it that helps. Anyway, the fan outside does not come on and I don't hear the compressor working at all and there is no cold air. I can hear the furnace working and the fan working and I am getting air but it's not cold at all.

I have white attached to W for heating
    Green attached to G for the fan to work
    Red attached to RC>>jumped>>RH
    And Black attached to Y for the cooler

What should my settings be on the thermostat? I feel as I've connected the wires correctly but something is not programmed properly in the NOMA thermostat and it's keeping the air from kicking on and the compressor is not working and the pipes are not cold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noma themostat 52-2570-6 [ 5 Answers ]

WE purchased a Noma programmable thermostat yesterday and are severally frustrated. Hook up was easy but when we connect it the room temperature will not display it reads "HI". Can anyone tell us what we are doing wrong?? It is a two wire system with only a red and white wire. The red is...

Noma Programmable thermostat [ 14 Answers ]

I have tried to replace a conventional lever action mercury thermostat with a new digital programmable Noma thermostat. The AC works fine but when I turn on the heat, the AC come on then too and not the heat. I have no heat. This was the wiring for the original thermostat: Orange -> Y Red ->...

Noma programmable thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

We have programmed the thermostat and it always jumps back to another setting. Can you help.

Noma programmable T/stat [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced a lever type t/stat (heating & A/C) which had 5 wires connected. Orange wire > yellow terminal on T/stat White wire > terminal Green wire >terminal Red wire >terminal Black > terminal. The new Noma has 4 terminals only Yellow, White, Green & Red. Connected and matched Colours using...

Programmable noma thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I am changing a York thermostat to a Noma programmable. I have rewired transferring w to w, rc to rc, g to g, y to y . There is a wire jumper on the York that goes from rc to 4. There is no corresponding 4 on the Noma. Does anyone have a suggestion as to where the wire jumper should go if I...

View more questions Search