Ask
    jeff suttle Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 05:53 AM
    Bermuda grass
    How can you kill bermuda grass
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 06:00 AM

Probably best to take a sample of your lawn to your local nursery. That way they can identify the other types of grass and provide you with a safe herbicide that will kill the bermuda but leave the rest to thrive.
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Oct 8, 2009, 12:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff suttle View Post
    how can you kill bermuda grass
    Have you recently moved in, say, within the last two years?

Read this page, and see why I asked 2years?
    Bermudagrass Management Guidelines--UC IPM

Especially from Management on down.
    Pre-emergent and solarization are, so far the only two effective ways to control the seed, and they can last for up to two years under ground.

K

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I owe child support, and need to go to Bermuda on a job. Can I get a passport? [ 2 Answers ]

My job is sending me to Bermuda to do a job there for 6 weeks. I have applied for a passport, and have been told I can't get one because I am in arrears of child support in a different state. Is there any other way possible to obtain a passport, or can I get a visa or some other form of entrance?

Replacing the grass in my lawn with eco-grass [ 1 Answers ]

I want to replace the grass in my lawn with some eco-grass (a blend of fescues, not the astroturf), but I'd like to avoid using Roundup to kill my existing grass. I was thinking of either tilling my entire yard with a rototiller or getting a sod cutter and then flipping the sod over (so I don't...

Grass [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new house in December and my yard is full of weeds. How do I start growing grass?

Bermuda Grass [ 1 Answers ]

Is there anything that will kill or inhibit bermuda grass that is taking over my yard and smothering the other grass?

View more questions Search