Ask
    jeff suttle Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 05:43 AM
    Killing weeds
    Is it better to spray for weeds in spring or will it be OK now
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Oct 8, 2009, 11:59 AM
    Hi! Jeff, welcome to AMHD :)

Any time can be the right time, but best when their actively growing. Early Spring into Summer.

K
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Oct 11, 2009, 03:24 PM
    In the spring I use a fertilizer with a substance called corn gluten. It doesn't kill existing weeds, but keeps new ones from growing and over time will gradually clear up weeds on your lawn if used every year. It is effective and natural with no harmful pesticides.
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Oct 11, 2009, 04:53 PM
    That is so true earl. Just recently I posted advice in this thread; askmehelpdesk.com/gardening-plants/fungus-treatment-st-aug-grass- , for a member that needed help with his St. Augustine grass.

There is enlightening information on using corn meal as an herbicide.

K
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 11, 2009, 06:50 PM

Unless your daily temps are still hitting in the 60s you might as well wait for spring. I am in Illinois and we are past the time to spray for weeds. I might still get a few of them but much of my spray is wasted until next spring when soil temps are above 60

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Get rid of weeds [ 3 Answers ]

What is the best way to get rid of weeds like plantain,clovers and dandylions there all over my lawn

Killing weeds using vinegar [ 1 Answers ]

I recently read somewhere that vinegar sprayed onto weeds will kill them. I would like to try it but don't know what kind of vinegar to use or if it needs to be mixed. Can anyone help me with this?

Weeds galore [ 6 Answers ]

Hopefully someone can help me... I have an inground pool in the back yard and along the end of my property I have a cedar fence. Right behind that fence is a metal mesh fence. My question is, how do I get rid of or kill for that matter, all the weeds and crap that is growing between the two...

Weeds in lawn [ 1 Answers ]

Have a Kentucky blue grass lawn. Wide bladed grass from surrounding area is moving in, can I kill the wide grass without killing my lawn?

All weeds [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend had just bought a house and we need help in our yard area there is no grass all weeds can anyone help us?:o

View more questions Search