Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Oct 8, 2009, 02:14 AM
    Don't try Movate! Personal experience.
    I'm a vetran skin lightner... I know Movate as steroid and mercury, I read the reviews on what it can do... But I was one of those stupid, "It wont happen to me people" haha... not... thought I would be spared if I use it in moderation because I wasn't using it heavily to lighten, just for hyperpigmentation... Stupid, stupid, stupid.....

Well first off... movate has decresed the hyperpigmentation on my face, yay.

But!

Movate is so unpredicatable and so unstable that it burned my chest! Boy did it hurt, so now I have to hope and pray that this burn on my chest doesn't turn into hyperpigmentation... Movate is weird... It can help... but it will just as quickly turn against you and it burns! More than the mequinol... I actually had to wash the movate off it burnt so bad and I do chemical peels all the time and am used to being burnt... but movate was bad. Soooo... lesson learned... thought I would be the exception... guess not... Thankfully my whole chest wasn't burnt, just a very, very small portion... but even a small burn is too much, hyperpigmentation is a pain to get rid of no matter how small...

So learn from my experience...it's not worth the risk...that burn could have been my face!!!
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 8, 2009, 07:35 AM

Everyone listen to her. Movate is NOT the way to go. You might be excited by the quick results. But it's a long fall down.
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 08:13 AM

I've been using movate with neorospone and I lightened my body about 3 shades in like 2 months.. stopped for a few months but had no side effects.. using it again and I love it.. not to be used on face though.. my own personal experience.
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 8, 2009, 09:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dessaml View Post
    I'm a vetran skin lightner....I know Movate as steroid and mercury..

Well first off....movate has decresed the hyperpigmentation on my face, yay.

Movate is soMovate is weird...It can help...but it will just as quickly turn against you and it burns! More than the mequinol....I actually had to wash the movate off it burnt so bad and I do chemical peels all the time and am used to being burnt...!
    Sorry about Movate! Yes people use it to reduce redness and pigmentation but it probably just thins out skin and cause patchiness.

U used mequinol? What strength and how long?

Oct 9, 2009, 02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    Sorry about Movate! Yes people use it to reduce redness and pigmentation but it probably just thins out skin and cause patchiness.

U used mequinol? What strength and how long?
    It is 10% but I dilute it, and mix with tretenoin. Been using for I think 2.5 weeks, its good stuff.

Oct 9, 2009, 02:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Everyone listen to her. Movate is NOT the way to go. You might be excited by the quick results. But it's a long fall down.
    NOT the way to go at all!! Don't think it "Won't happen to me!" I learned the hard way *sigh*
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Oct 9, 2009, 10:47 AM

I thought I warned you about those products like movate,dermovate.. they are cheap and very dangerous! Be careful

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal experience with stratification [ 5 Answers ]

Give at least two specific examples from your personal experience that demonstrate stratification. For example, describe where you have observed stratification in the workplace, the media, home, or school. What were the consequences of stratification in these examples?

Any spicy thai food recipes from personal experience? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone... :) I'm wondering if we have any thai food experts out there? I've been cooking thai food for about 2 years now and I've searched every website I could find but I am still having trouble getting authentic recipes that are even slightly close to restaurant quality food. Anyone...

Reported post in: Any spicy thai food recipes from personal experience? [ 1 Answers ]

Post: Any spicy thai food recipes from personal experience? Posted by: Federico Cleve Reason Given: This person quoted a cookbook and dropped off an AD advertising faucets/sinks at bottom of post. I don't think it belongs here or anywhere else. Thanks.

Don't give him your personal info! [ 11 Answers ]

Okay, so. I understand why tis bad to give out your address, last name, house phone number to some creep you just met online but what's so bad about a Cellphone number? No way you can track me with that. Right ? ::Not that I do go around given some internet creeps my nubmer but it's...

View more questions Search