Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimo12 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 12:58 AM
    Can't open email attachment
    I have created a slide show with Sonic MyDVD (program with my XP) to share with my family. I emailed each recipient and attached the file, unfortunately, none of them was able to open the file. What am I doing wrong? Please help.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 8, 2009, 01:00 AM

They probably need the same program. What is the extension of the file?

Oct 8, 2009, 01:15 AM

Thank you scott. File extension is .dvd. File size is 270K

Oct 8, 2009, 01:25 AM

Yep, those files are specific to Sonic, so they need sonic to play them. What you need to do is look in MyDVD for how to create a DVD or other more universal file format (like AVI or WMV). You might also create a DVD, then make an ISO file out if it. Then they can create a DVD from the ISO file that they can play in any DVD player.

Oct 8, 2009, 01:49 AM
    Thank you very much scott. In creating a different format, do I have to purchase a program software? I have copied the slide show to a disk, how can I make an ISO file out of it. Please advice. Lastly, if an ISO file is created, can I then send the file via email? I'm sorry if I'm confusing you scott, I am a novice when it comes to computers. Have a good day.

Oct 8, 2009, 06:14 AM
    I believe the MyDVD will create an ISO. If it doesn't, then you can find freeware to create ISO files and to burn ISO files to disk or mount them like a virtual drive. I use Magic Disk to mount ISO files and there are loads of ISO utilities in freeware.

Just to clarify an ISO file is an image of DVD/CD. So when you use a utility to burn an ISO to a disk, it converts it so the disk is readable by the OS.

Oct 8, 2009, 11:38 PM
    Thank you very much scottgem for the quick response, I'll follow your advice and let you know the outcome. Again, I appreciate your time. Wish me luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Attachment won't open [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! Able to open emails, but not attachments. The following message pops up: "The requested look up key was not found in any activation context." Please help. Thank you.

Can't send email with attachment [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to send a 1MB attachment with an email, but I get "Oops....error 008"

Can't read email attachment [ 5 Answers ]

I have windows XP . Yahoo email , When I try to open a attachment (.xls ) I can not read it .What do I have to do to unfrag. It ? (Guardian Industries )

Email attachment opening [ 5 Answers ]

My sister has a Win 2000 Pro . It will not allow her to open any e- mail attachments . Anything she can not read she sends it to my mail to read or copy . I have not used her PC so I am in the dark . Could someone please try to give me some incite and I will go and try to help her with this problem...

How do I send an email with PowerPoint attachment? [ 2 Answers ]

Whenever I try to send a PowerPoint photo album as an attachment to an email it won't send. It just says an error occurred. Not that the file size (22.5mb) was too big. Even when I zip it it won't send.

View more questions Search