niressa Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 07:25 PM
    Are there a lot of mountains in buenos aires, argentina
    Are there a lot of mountains in buenos aires, argentina
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 05:21 AM

This might be helpful:-

The Andine is the mountainous western region of Argentina. It consists of two subregions: (1) the Andes Mountains and (2) the Piedmont.

The Andes Mountains separate Argentina from Chile. Their highest peaks include the tallest mountain in the Western Hemisphere, Aconcagua. It towers 22,831 feet (6,959 meters) above sea level just inside the Argentine border. A small Indian population raises sheep in an area of broad plateaus called the Puna in the northern part of the Argentine Andes. In the south, snow-capped peaks and mirrorlike lakes attract crowds of vacationers who come to ski and hike.

The Piedmont is a region of low mountains and desert valleys east of the Andes. Mountain streams provide water for irrigation and make the Piedmont a productive farming area. Farmers grow sugar cane and corn near Tucuman and alfalfa and cotton near Cordoba. Vineyards near Mendoza and San Juan produce grapes for most Argentine wines. The cities of the Piedmont are the oldest Spanish settlements in Argentina.
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Oct 9, 2009, 05:07 PM

Check it out for yourself
    Buenos Aires, Argentina - Google Maps

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Songs on irish mountains [ 1 Answers ]

Name the Irish mountains made famous in song

J1 from Argentina [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to explain my personal situation, and then, let me please know what do you suggest Background: I arrived to USA with my wife and daughter on Oct 22, 2007 under a J1 (I got some money from my country to stay there for 3 months). I started to be paid with a USA founds on...

Girl disguised as boy in mountains [ 1 Answers ]

All I remember about this movie was that there was a girl in the mountains who was disguised as a boy. Towards the end of the movie she takes off her hat and reveals her long hair shocking a boy who's up there with her. There may have been something about a hawk as well.

Teaching ESL in Argentina/Chile [ 0 Answers ]

I have ESL teaching experience in the U.S. and in Asia and am interested in finding a position in Argentina or Chile. If anyone can post information regarding web sites or other venues devoted to that topic, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

View more questions Search