Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prican087 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 12:39 PM
    Feeling Baby Move.when is normal?
    Is it normal to not feel your baby move at 15-16 weeks? I thought I felt something a week ago, but haven't felt anything since then. Im so paranoid that something might be wrong with the baby. This is my second, and with my daughter I felt her at 19 weeks, but they say with your second or more child you should feel kicks or flutters earlier. But Im not, so Im wondering if something could be wrong. Thank you for all advice.:)
    rankrank55 Posts: 1,259, Reputation: 177
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 05:51 AM

Quickening is felt normally between 15 and 25 weeks so you're good to go. Sources do say that second time moms are likely to feel the baby earlier BUT as with everything, this is not always the case. Give it some time and you'll start noticing the little flutters. They'll probably start being noticeable about the time you first born's were noticeable. Everything is fine!
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Oct 9, 2009, 08:52 AM

I agree. You're still very early and I think most women feel movement between 17 - 19 w for the first time.

Mine didn't become "obvious" until 21w even though I felt a slight twinge at 17w.

Regular movement won't necessarily be noticed until 26-28w.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A feeling of uninterest in life. Is this normal? [ 4 Answers ]

OK. So, I am in a good job. I am doing what I like. I Don't WANT to get into any relationship, as I am just out of one completely. There is nothing wrong with my body. I have achieved my Goal. And there are no problems. And now I am looking forward to something new in career... But given that all I...

21 weeks, not feeling baby move [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am 21 weeks pregnanat. I have been asked by my doctor and friends if I have started feeling the baby move. I have not yet. This is my first baby. My dr says it's fine. Is it normal? Sometimes I feel a throbbing, kind of like a heart beat at different positions in my tummy. Is this my...

Not feeling my baby move [ 7 Answers ]

I am 18 weeks and 5 days pregnant. For the past couple of weeks I have felt my baby move and over the last few days it has been pretty often. As of now I have not felt my baby move in about 24 hours. I am starting to freak out and I don't go back to the dr until next Friday. Am I just being...

Is what I'm feeling normal? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I took 4 positive pregnancy tests ( ept, first response and clear blue) I missed my period and it is always regular. I don't have a first docs appt until the 28th and I just wanted to know how I should be feeling. I know everyone is different but I'm not having any morning...

Is this feeling normal? [ 2 Answers ]

For the past year or so, I have been growing further and further apart from a friend to whom I was really close to before. I have finally accepted that the friendship is dead, over, finito, no chance of going back. We see each other at common events and act very civilized. I found out last night...

View more questions Search