Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flybygrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 10:27 AM
    Inflation/Cost to Who?
    Prince Charles visits some Greek islands on a regular basis. While there he pays for his hotel stay and other several high cost purchases with checks. After he leaves, the vendors do not cash these checks but instead continue to use them as 'cash'. The checks are never cashed because they considered just as good as cash, since Prince Charles is so well known and his money is always 'good'.

Question: Who pays for Prince Charles' stay at the hotel and other purchases?
    There are two answers and I only know one. What is Answer #2?

Answer #1: The consumers on the island pay because the abundance of checks issued to the islanders is so great that it causes inflation, which in turn raises the cost of goods on the island and expenses to the consumers.

Thanks!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 7, 2009, 11:11 AM

I would say the answer is: whoever is holding the check at the current time is covering the cost - effectively making an interest free loan to Prince Charles. When that person unloads the check on the next person, in exchange for goods and servics he receives, then that next person becomes Prince Charles's creditor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the impact of inflation on unemployment? [ 3 Answers ]

Could someone explain to me in general terms what happends? The information I find on the internet seems a bit to technical for me to understand. Thanks for the help guys.

Economics inflation [ 1 Answers ]

What effect does inflation have on the purchasing power of a dollar?

Negative Inflation. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, in India we follow the WPI. As it is evident, our country's WPI is currently negative. Consequently, the inflation rate is also negative. I'd like to know what are the negative aspects of these events on the economy :) Thank you, Abhi.

Inflation ahead [ 3 Answers ]

Inflation is on the way that will likely make the Carter years look good in comparison. When you consider the long list of things to do on Obama's list and how expensive each one of those programs is, each of us should give some thought as to how we will cope with the resulting inflation. The...

View more questions Search