Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    superk Posts: 207, Reputation: 12

Oct 7, 2009, 08:14 AM
    What do you think about the new "Journey" frontman?
    What do you think about the new Journey front man? He's great but isn't it unfair to him that he may not have his own identity because he sounds almost similar to Steve Perry?

Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jan 11, 2010, 09:31 PM

I love Journey and the new guy is good, but going to see Journey without Steve Perry would be like seeing The Eagles without Don Henley or Aerosmith without Steven Tyler. I guess "Imitation is the best form of flattery.
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Feb 20, 2010, 06:41 PM

I also love Journey, but I find it hard to get used to a new singer when I have been a fan of a particular singer since I was a kid. John Corabi didn't work out too well with Motley Crue, same with Blayze Bailey with Iron Maiden. There are times when it does work such as Bruce inson with Iron Maiden and Brian Johnson with AC/DC. Black Sabbath survived many different singers after Ozzy Osbourne, same with Van Halen after David Lee Roth. This guy has a great voice and I think he'll work out good in the long run when fans get used to him.

Feb 20, 2010, 07:01 PM

Boston also hired new singer Tommy Decarlo after hearing him sing on YouTube or Facebook and his voice is incredible, nearly identical to the classic songs.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2010, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    Boston also hired new singer Tommy Decarlo after hearing him sing on youtube or facebook and his voice is incredible, nearly identical to the classic songs.

I love Boston. I Steven Tyler leaving Aerosmith? I'm a little older then you so my groups were Grateful Dead, Crosby,Stills,Nash Young , Bread, and the best of all Stevie Ray Vaughn, the best guitar player in the world? I actually cried like a kid when he died. What do you think? Nobody will ever be as good as the Eagles. I love Hotel California and Peaceful Easy Feeling.

Feb 20, 2010, 07:23 PM

Wikipedia says that Tyler is still with the band and is in treatment for painkiller addiction caused by knee injuries and will return in time. My favorite music is 80s glam metal followed by 70s classic rock. My favorites are Kiss, Def Leppard, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Whitesnake, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Poison.
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2010, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by earl237 View Post
    Wikipedia says that Tyler is still with the band and is in treatment for painkiller addiction caused by knee injuries and will return in time. My favorite music is 80s glam metal followed by 70s classic rock. My favorites are Kiss, Def Leppard, Rush, Led Zeppelin, Whitesnake, Scorpions, Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Poison.

Poison had one song I liked and I can't think of what it was. My brothers loved Led Zepplin. I drew the line when my kids wanted to see a Mettalica and Kiss concert. Lynryd Skynrd and Marshall Tucker and who could forget ta da.. Fleetwood Mack. Who is name, just one, band that is your very favorite? I would have to say The Eagles.
    I just remembered the name of the song I liked, only it wasn't by "poison". It was by "Guns and Roses".. Sweet Child of Mine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Discovery, Animal Planet, "Lost Tapes" series: "Monster of Monterey" (Sharon Novak) [ 28 Answers ]

I watched this premier episode last night: Sharon Novak did a 171 day solo sailing trip and web-cammed it for nothingabout the real story. My opinion of the family of Discovery Channels has dropped several notches. Does anyone know the real story? I'll be the first to apologize if the...

Who sings gospel song, "I'm going all the way, I can make this journey? [ 1 Answers ]

Who is the female gospel artists that sing the song, "I'm going all the way, I can Make this journey?

View more questions Search