Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4purplefish Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 07:36 AM
    Any Ins. Gurus out there
    What do I look for in a good home owners insurance policy?
    Is there anyone out there that could help a brother out?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 7, 2009, 07:52 AM

I would go with replacement value coverage for the building and contents.
    nikosmom Posts: 1,611, Reputation: 488
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 11:58 AM

You definitely want replacement value because you want to replace your items with like items not just get paid what they're worth at the time of your loss [depreciated value].

You want inflation coverage so your policy will automatically adjust each year to reflect changes in the market.

For the most part, homeowner's insurance policies are standardized. Are you purchasing a single-family home or a townhome/condo? If you're buying a townhome/condo, you just want to make sure that you've got adequate coverage on the structure since you're only responsible for rebuilding your unit.

What's most important is having an agent that takes the time to explain each of the coverages and endorsements to you so that you know what is or is not covered. By sitting down with a person, he/she can help you decide if you need more coverage for specific items like jewelry or computers. They can also help you if you need to take out a separate flood policy.

I will be glad to help you in any way that I can if you have specific questions. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer Gurus how do I disable the following [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to disable my right click button(mouse) And disable tools in web browser, What I mean is, you can view the history of your web surd, but you cannot delet any of it. I have a Hp pavilion windows vista if it helps Thank you very much.

Photo gurus: Do you think this is doctored? [ 17 Answers ]

What do you think? Is there any way to tell for sure? I love "cool pics" but half the time cannot tell whether it's real or not:

Photo doctoring gurus.I'm half jealous! :) [ 2 Answers ]

Pretty flippin amazing. Nowadays it's hard to tell what's real and what's not :p:p

Where are the computer Gurus? [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I've posted at least two computer questions lately and have not receive one answer back... Are our computer Gurus gone, or are they ignoring me for some reason? I would appreciate it if someone would kindly let me know if computer assistance is still available. The issue with...

Questions for Tennis Gurus :) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi! I need some help from a tennis guru. See, I'm taking an online tennis course and we get 40 assignment questions to do, and I've done most of them, but these two: I really just don't get. If, when serving into the right service court on the SECOND serve, the ball hits within the service...

View more questions Search