Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buckeye chuck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 09:40 PM
    Heat comes on and kicks off hot tub
    I bought a hot tub and it worked fine for three months. The problem I am having is heat comes on and kicks off hot tub. I replaced the gfci on the electrical side and nothing. I put a fan on the controls and it seem to work (heated up all day then kicked out again) any help would help. Thanks again
    fivepointes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2006, 12:21 AM
    I think you will find that you are probably using aluminum wire. If this is the case it is a very common problem with hot tubs.

I would recommend changing the wire to copper. It is coomon with aluminum wire to have a temprature change much more drastic than that of copper wire. I think if you look in your owners manual you will probably see the recommendation from the company to use copper wire only.

I have solved your problem many times by this change. Good Luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Hot Water to shower head, but Hot water to the Tub? [ 2 Answers ]

My husband and I just purchased a new house. We have found that the shower pressure in the bathroom is wonderful however once you have set the right temp from the tub spout and switch over to the shower no hot water makes it to the shower head. We can only turn off the cold water completely in...

Hot Water Heat Problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 5 zone hot water heating system. All zones work fine except for one. The zone valve opens when the thermostat goes on but the water pump and boiler don't go on. I am wondering of I need to replace the zone valve because maybe the current isn't passing through onto the pump to turn it...

KickSpace Hot Water Heat [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone recommend a KickSpace Hot Water Heater. Thanks Bobby

No hot water in tub [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm wondering if there's someone out there that can help me. Recently, my bath tub upstairs stopped having hot water. Most of the time, it is only luke warm. It is heated through gas, and I turned the water heater up quite a bit and still no hot water. Hot water comes out fine in the...

Radiators heat when only Hot water on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a newly installed Mains Pressure Hot Water Cylinder. When I turn on the hot water only; after about 15 minutes some radiators begin to heat. The plumber says this is backwash and I should turn the hot water off after 15 minures to solve the problem. I think in a new, modern system,...

View more questions Search