Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jenbrix Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2004, 07:45 PM
    Help
    Yesterday, my american bull dog ate this dead bird that had been in the front yard for a few weeks. Now she is really weak, sluggish, depressed, and makes a coughing sound. After she ate the bird she threw up the carcus. We called the vet but they want mucho mullah for something that we're not sure is just temporary. Are these bodily reactions normal? I'm really scared, please help.
    viking Posts: 131, Reputation: 7

Apr 21, 2004, 08:55 PM
    Re: help
    It is impossible to know if your dog has been poisoned or not. And if she has whether she will survive without medical attention. It is abnormal for your dog to be weak sluggish and depressed just from eating a dead bird. You need to decide if your dog is important enough o pay the vet what he/she asks to care for your dog. Perhaps you can negotiate a loower fee after discussing your fiancial predicament?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2004, 08:59 PM
    Re: help
    Dead birds terrify me. Do you know what kind of a bird it was? Call your county health department and ask if you have West Nile disease in your area.

It is quite normal for dogs to bolt down disgusting things and throw up. Usually they are right back to normal, and will try it again if allowed. Medical stuff is one of my weak points. Likely I am too quick to run to the vet. If she is not back to normal by Thursday morning, maybe you should go to the vet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search