Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    socmom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 08:55 PM
    Apple Quicktime Logo w/ question mark inside
    :confused: I HOPE you can help me!! I have yet to be able to figure out how to play movies on or with Quicktime, and NOW in place of where the icon normally goes in various websites, ( for advertising) I see a faded Quicktime icon with a question mark inside of it.

:confused: Please advise what to do/ how to do it.
    Also please advise how to play movies on Quicktime.
    darrenosborne Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2006, 04:58 AM
    Are these downloaded movies or movies on a DVD?

I personally use VLC player (windows or MAC). This seems to play anything I throw at it, with the exception real player which it struggles with at time.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html
    toy30604 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2009, 08:43 AM
    Evidently QuickTime may have a problem "locking" linking onto a video. This is primarily web based.
    Either the linking HTML code is incorrect or the site does not have enough distributing capacity.
    Often, if it is a distributing capacity problem I'll return to the site and it will then play.
    If it is a HTML linking problem, such as a typo, then the web operator has to update the code.l
    Try "whois" offered from various hosting companies to find the contact person for that site.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

Aug 17, 2009, 10:02 PM

If the icon with the question mark is in the dock that means that the path to the application is not valid. The application may have been deleted or moved

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Javascript question: Can I get The html content inside a frame? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to get all html code of the page inside a frame with the frame name for example: <iframe src='file.php' name=framename id=framename></iframe> Then how do I get the html content of 'file.php'?

Installing Quicktime on win xp [ 3 Answers ]

I need quicktime program to view tutorials for school. Have tried everything I can think of. Will down load and begin to install. When it reads"publishing" the wizard is interrupted and process stops. Heeeelllllllllllllp! :confused:

Apple Mac Quicktime audio [ 1 Answers ]

8) How do I change Real Media audio files to play on Quick time

View more questions Search