Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michele21 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 09:46 PM
    Constant Shut Down
    Hi There,

I need help I have a Sony Vaio laptop that when idle for a while will flick to a blue screen and says windows shut down and starts dumping, then restarts and it will keep doing that.

Can you please help this laptop is not even a year old! :confused:

Thanks,
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 09:57 PM

flick to a blue screen and says windows shut down and starts dumping
    What exactly do you mean dumping and does blue screen say anything?
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Oct 7, 2009, 10:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    What exactly do you mean dumping...
    I suspect the OP means a crash dump (configured in System Properties > Advanced > Startup and Recovery settings) which occurs during a Windows system error. The blue screen error message can be a clue to resolving the issue, but several crash cycles may be needed to fully read and record the message on a fast computer. Suggest OP first do a hard drive (see Hard Drive FAQ) and memory diagnostic (see below), to confirm those two hardware components are working reliably. For driver or other software causes, if the error results in an endless boot-crash cycle, any corrections once determined may need to be done from a command-line recovery console or from a safe-mode boot if it doesn't result in the same crash.

Memory Diagnostic:
    Microsoft Online Crash Analysis
    Memtest.org
    Memtest86.com

More Info:
    How to configure system failure and recovery options in Windows
    Understanding crash dump files

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My Mom Won't Shut Up and My dad won't shut up, noise noise. Annoyed. [ 18 Answers ]

My mom nevers shut up. She repeats everything and reminds me about everything. Also, my dad eats with his mouth open cause he's old and I have to hear it because my computer is near the dining room, actually basically in probably. Also, my big brother laughs upstairs at his anime.. My twin brother...

Constant better? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 19 year old female. 5'4 and approx 115-116 lbs. Workout 7 days a week: Run every day and have a set schedule for the rest of my workout. I was quite in shape for a while but then got out of my groove for a few months and I feel horrible about the way I look right now. My Running routine is a...

Constant Headaches [ 5 Answers ]

I lost my job about a month ago and it seems like every since then I get headaches everyday. I get migraines but these headaches are different. I just don't know if I should be worried or not. I have a 3 year old little boy that I take care of now that I am not working and it makes it really hard...

Constant periods [ 10 Answers ]

I have been having a period for the last 7-8weeks and I don't know what could be causing this I am still taken my pill and stopping when I am meant to what could be wrong?

K constant coulomb's law [ 1 Answers ]

what is the meaning of the k constant in coulomb's law equation?:)

View more questions Search