Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pokergod64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 06:30 PM
    Nj probation violation
    I was arrested in bergen county nj in 2002 with poss with intent cocaine. I went on probation after 3 months I got a trnsfer to pa. I finished my probation in pa. feb 04 on the date I was to finish probation I received a letter from my po stating my probation has been terminated. Sept 25 09 I get pulled over in long beach island nj when my name is run I have a probation warrant in nj. Bergen county issued a probation warrant on march 05 but never notified me. So it looks like I've been on the run for 5 years. Is this legal/
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2009, 05:06 AM

Hello p:

I don't know what you mean legal. It's clearly a MISTAKE. What did they DO with you?? Clearly, they didn't take you back to NJ.

Seems to me a couple phone calls could clear this up...

excon
    SmellyDogsMom Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Oct 7, 2009, 08:04 AM

You state that the letter said your probation was "terminated." If it was terminated because you completed all that was required of you, then you will just need to make N.J. aware of that (hopefully you kept that letter). If you were terminated for non-compliance, then you will have a problem.
    pokergod64 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2009, 04:18 PM
    I was transported to bergen county jailed for 7 days till I posted 10000 bail. I was terminated because I completed everything pa wanted. I find out five years later that nj wanted more then pa required that's why the violation was filed. Just trying to get some opinions of how the court will handle this?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2009, 05:24 PM

Hello again, p:

That's different... IF you are able to produce the letter, or something from the probation department releasing you from supervision, they'll let you go... If you can't, they're going to think you absconded or violated in some way, and they're going to slam you.

As I said above, if you don't HAVE the letter, a few phone calls would be in order. If that doesn't handle it, you're going to need legal help...

But, there IS a file with your name on it that says CLOSED, or RELEASED, or HE GOT OUT, somewhere in the system... It's your job to find it.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 7, 2009, 06:02 PM

Yes, time for an attoreny, they will get the PA records showing they released you. That should clear up the warrant issues

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Violation of traffic Probation while on unsupervised crimal probation [ 1 Answers ]

My husband was sentenced 3 yrs unsupervised probation for 2nd degree assault. He already had a case pending for traffic. He hit a car bumper. Was sentenced to supervised probation and to pay fines for damages of 1,000 dollars. We haven't paid the fine yet, we will at tax time we just haven't had...

Violation of probation [ 1 Answers ]

Can a probation officers go back to someone background in try to send them to prision when she knew the whole time what was going on are was she suppose to turn it in when she known the person viloted their probation

Probation violation [ 1 Answers ]

My friend pled guilty to lewd and gross behavior - he flashed a few people and one happened to be oly 16. He got arrested and charged with a felony. He was placed on 18 months probation. That was in another state. (mass) 10 months later, he had missed 3 or 4 appointments and was arrested in...

First Probation Violation [ 1 Answers ]

What happens the first time I violate probation on Prop.36?

Probation violation [ 4 Answers ]

I completed all that was require from me to finish my 2 year probation except my community service hours. I have court on June 15 What are the outcomes for my court hearing. I do not want to go to jail and it is my first violation do I need to get a lawyer, what will the judge give me as options. I...

View more questions Search