Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    itsamor Posts: 196, Reputation: 12

Oct 6, 2009, 03:46 PM
    How do I gain self esteem?
    I've never really had it. Some girl just called me elf boy so I apparently look like a boy and elf now to top it off! I been made fun of my whole life in school by my peers and when I was 16-18 finally had my chance to be popular and shine. Now its dead and I want to be dead. Sounds stupid but you have no clue what having such low self worth and feeling so ugly can do to a girl. Yet most people I meet tell me I'm pretty whenever I say I'm not... it actually makes me angry hearing people tell me I'm not ugly cause I feel like they're lying
    give2me1lemons Posts: 203, Reputation: 12

Oct 6, 2009, 05:39 PM
    Ok, when I first saw your picture and didn't know any of the problems you faced, I thought you looked fun and happy and confident. With the intense makeup, pink hair, and smile; it didn't look like you cared what anyone thought of you. I guess that's probably the idea behind it?

I don't know how you gain self esteem exactly. Myself esteem isn't that great either. I think you just have to stop caring what everyone else thinks or says about you and accept yourself for who and what you are. Then maybe you just have to learn how to be enough for yourself-what makes you feel good about yourself.

It sounds good in theory, doesn't it?

I know what you mean about compliments, though. If my family or even my friends say I am pretty, I can't accept it. I think the best compliments are spontaneous from people who owe you nothing and are not invested in your well being. I think you are pretty, whether you believe me or not.

I like this song, but I like a variety... YouTube - TLC - Unpretty

Good luck with everything. Stay strong...
    itsamor Posts: 196, Reputation: 12

Oct 6, 2009, 05:43 PM

Thanks I'm sorry you feel alike =/ and awwe I remember that song it used to make me cry. So goood

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Some ways to gain confidence and self-esteem? [ 4 Answers ]

What are some ways someone can gain confidence and self-esteem in a relationship? And why does a person bursting with endless confidence and self-esteem seem to flop when they get into a serious relationship becoming jealous... clingy.. and attached ? Just want to hear everyone's advice on this...

Low self-esteem [ 7 Answers ]

Helloo.. well what can I say. I'm frustrated with the way that I look. I want to be one of those girls who doesn't need makeup. My boyfriend still hasn't seen me without makeup and its been a year and a half.. but I think I look terrible because I have really small and thin eyelashes and my eyes...

Security deposit to gain or not to gain? [ 1 Answers ]

Living in Rochester NY. Had a one year lease ready to move . This complex is privately owned corp. Its huge. Leaving Rochester office claims it will send security in one month time. Does this complex have the right to keep the interest my security deposit has gained. In the past living at other...

Self Esteem [ 7 Answers ]

Okay for those who have talked to me I'm sure I give off as a person who is completely sure of herself, truth being I'm really not. I smile all the time and talk and act as sure of myself as I can but inside I always analyze everything I do and find everything bad before I find the good. My...

Low Self-Esteem [ 5 Answers ]

This is so hard. I don't know whether I'm just confused about a few things in my life or whether I do have a problem, low self-esteem. For the last 3 months I haven't been happy. I wake up feeling only half-heartily about things with no real motivation. When I go to bed at night I feel...

View more questions Search