Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dvqjimbo1 Posts: 28, Reputation: 2

Nov 1, 2006, 07:37 PM
    WORD -- highlight , update
    THANKS: helper05 and ScottGem. Answers helped. Made me realize I didn't phrase my question quite right. Started with 104 pg. 'PDF' file. Saved it as a 'word' file. My goal is to highlight a topic, or phrase, or a couple sentences, etc... for an entire section.
    Then, save all my highlighted text into a new file --- all at once --- not copy & paste each word or phrase, at the time I highlight it----defeats the purpose of highlighting. Discovered 'master document' and 'outline' , but still copy an paste each phrase. Has to be a better way. Help! Am not even half way through.
    Sager Posts: 31, Reputation: 4

Nov 2, 2006, 11:00 AM
    Open the Word file you just saved.
    Click on edit, select all, press 'CTRL and C' keys at same time to copy text. This will select and hi-lite the 'total content' of the file.
    Open a 'new' Word .doc file and press 'CTRL and V' keys at same time. This will
    Paste the 'total content' into your new file. Save the document.
    Then with the new word document open, you can select pick and delete
    Unwanted content.
    Or... you can (while holding down the Control key) hi-lite the data / topic(s)
    You want to keep. When all selected, press CTRL+C (this will copy all the text
    You just hi-lited). Open a 'new' document and press CTRL + V which will paste
    The text content you just selected.
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Nov 2, 2006, 12:49 PM
    Or, maybe an even eaiser way to do this, is highlight the first set of word/phrases, etc. that you want to copy into another document.

Then, when you get to the next set of words/phrases, etc. that you want to copy, hold your Ctrl button down while you click and drag to highlight what you are wanting to copy and paste into your other document.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'WORD' -- can you save text you highlight [ 5 Answers ]

Into a separate file? Maybe split screen with new file? Would really help me out -- Am reviewing very long pdf file ( svaed as word). Any help much appreciated!

Lotus word to Microsoft word [ 2 Answers ]

My articles are saved in lotus word format. Can I opened it under Microsoft word or " open office" software? If yes, how do I go about it?

Highlight too dark dyed hair? [ 2 Answers ]

Today I dyed my hair a light ash brown and it is really dark, esp. since I am a dark blonde normally. Should I wait for it to fade and continue to get funny looks from friends OR should I put some highlights in to break up the all over brown? I have only washed it once and underneath this new...

MS Word - multiple instances of the same word? [ 1 Answers ]

In MS Word, is there a way to highlight a section of text and get some sort of read on which words appear the most often? Thanks Paul

Adding a word and its meaning to Word Dictionary [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I know how to add a word to the existing system dictionary in MS Office 2002. Now I need to know how to add a meaning to the new word which I added into the dictionary. Can anyone suggest the procedure. Thanks in advance. SAI

View more questions Search