Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clynn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 09:46 AM
    Lower abdominal pain mild chest pains?
    Okay... I been having lower abdominal pain... my urine is cloudy and a while back my doc said I had pus cells in my urine.. he prescribed me meds and I took them as directed...

Everything reamin the same.
    Now I am having mild chest pains high between my breats.. I am really scared to see a doctor.. I don't know what this can be..
    lshadylady Posts: 73, Reputation: 6

Oct 6, 2009, 12:23 PM

I can understand that! No it doesn't.t make sense but sometimes its hard to be reasonable isn't it?
    A UTI(urinary tract infection) is sometimes hard to get rid of. You might be surprised all the symptoms it can cause. If I were you I would just call the Doctor or his nurse and he might be able to give you a different antibiotic and some kind of indigestion medication that would work better than maalox. Try it. You might get an answer and stay right to home!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 12:42 PM

I have to disagree with one of your points ishadylady,the op does not mention indigestion.

To the op.

If your symptoms are persisting and you now have chest pain,I strongly recommend you see your doctor,this is not going to get better on its own...

See your doctor.

Oct 6, 2009, 11:36 PM

Hi Redhead 35;
    Chest pain is a common symptom of indigestion also. The person is obviously scared of what it might be. All chest pain is not a heart attack but the important thing is reassurance, and encouragement to see a physician.
    One of the differentiating factors in symptoms of indigestion and possible heart attack is if maalox works, it probably is not a heart attack. It used to be common to use it in helping the Doctor decide treatment and the urgency of treatment. Even if it works they usually do a work-up but maybe not so urgently that all else is forgotten. The important thing is to reassure and overcome the fear and get them to seek treatment. Don't forget the UTI. That can be painful and dibilitating. The first course of AB didn't work so they are likely to need another kind and a urine culture. The person really needs to talk to the Doctor or nurse and try to overcome that fear of hearing bad news. Chest pain is a common symptom of indigestion also. Does that explain better ? I hope so.
    Shady
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 7, 2009, 05:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lshadylady View Post
    if maalox works, it probably is not a heart attack.
    And if it is a heart attack, it will be too late to find out that the Maalox didn't work.

Oct 7, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    And if it is a heart attack, it will be too late to find out that the Maalox didn't work.
    Hi Red;

Then we agree, the important thing is for this person to seek medical care. I hope we didn't scare them more.

I have had chest pain and been so sure it was a heart attack and did not want to hear those words. So I denied and was afraid. So I feel like I understood where this patient might be coming from. You just don't know what you will do until you are in that persons shoes. The maalox trick is not original and I am not smart enough to think of such a thing. I got that information from a Doctor I work with. It sounds good to me. Someone has to have some common sense when treating a patient. All chest pain is not a heart attack, it needs to be evaluated and it won't be without the patients cooperation.

Like you said this patient needs to seek a Doctors care for this lower abdominal pain. Sounds like that will not get any better until he does. Hopefully, the chest pain will be mentioned as it was here. But that is the responsibility of the patient. He asked for advice on how to deal with the fear just by mentioning it. I hope we were reassuring enough.

I enjoy hearing how people in other parts of the world deal with health care. We have so much available in America.Even people with no insurance will not be denied health care. And we all learn from each other. I would like to hear more about health care in your area.

Shady

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lower abdominal pain [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have been experiencing very painfull lower abdomen pain from time to time, Its not all the time but when it happens I'm doubled over. After intercourse (but not every time and sometimes without intercourse) I can't move with the pain in my lower stomach. Doc felt my stomach but had no...

Lower abdominal pain and back pain [ 1 Answers ]

Constant pain in lower abdomen. Bleeding since birth of second child in July

Lower right abdominal pain [ 1 Answers ]

I work up this morning with sharp pains in my right side lower area. Then it went away and hurt again after I ate breakfast... then I felt really sick to my stomach and hurt and my lower right side of my back. Throughout the day on and off it really hurt.. when I ate dinner again the pain got...

Lower left abdominal pain [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My husband and I decided a few months ago that we wanted to start trying to get pregnant. I am 27 and he is almost 28. Since we starting trying... it seems that he is unable to "finish". Lately, he has been having pain in his lower left abdomen during intercourse, which causes us...

Lower Abdominal Pain [ 1 Answers ]

I am 30 years old and have been trying to get pregnant for 4 months. Last month my husband and I had sex the day before and day of ovulation. The following few weeks I was feeling really nauseous and was sure that I was pregnant, however, I got my period exactly on day 29 as usual. I still did not...

View more questions Search