Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    acoplver Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 06:13 PM
    Service animals
    It seems that a lot of people don't understand that there are many types of service animals.(not just service dogs) and that they are used for many types of disablities.

What is a good way to inform people about laws on service animals?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 06:16 PM

There aren't any laws on service animals.

Oct 5, 2009, 06:18 PM

There are cats that can be considered service animals and of course service dogs.They can be used for people in wheel chairs,blind,deaf,emotional disorders,seizures are just a few types of service animals.

Oct 5, 2009, 06:22 PM

There are several laws about service animals. The ada states a lot of laws concerning service animals

Oct 5, 2009, 06:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    There aren't any laws on service animals.
    there are laws concerning service animals. What do you know about them?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 06:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by acoplver View Post
    there are laws concerning service animals. what do you know about them?
    Please tell me one law.

There are service ponies too.

Oct 5, 2009, 06:48 PM
    Please tell me one law.

There are service ponies too.
    Yes there are ponies and many other types of service animals.

Service animals are allowed in all public places even where there are no pets allowed.owners can not have service animals removed from their business because of their no pet rule.service animals are not pets.:cool:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 07:02 PM
    Yes there are ponies and many other types of service animals.

Service animals are allowed in all public places even where there are no pets allowed.owners can not have service animals removed from their business because of their no pet rule.service animals are not pets.:cool:
    Only one law: Service animals are allowed in all public places wherever customers are allowed.

Oct 5, 2009, 07:34 PM
    Only one law: Service animals are allowed in all public places wherever customers are allowed.
    People with disabilities who have service animals have rights protection under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Service animals don't have to wear vest or other identification that it is a service animal.People can not ask for proof that it is a service animal they can only ask if it is one. People can not ask the person about the nature or extentof their disability.can not ask why they have to have a service animal with them to place they go.businesses can not charge fees because of service animal.example they can not be charge a pet deposiit in motels or housing. Service animals do not have to be certifed or specially trained. Owner of the animal does most of the train in most cases. Service animals can go on airplanes with the owner,be in hospitals if the owner needs them there are a lot more infor. About service animals. Can do a web search to find out more
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 07:57 PM
    it seems that alot of people don't understand that there are many types of service animals.(not just service dogs) and that they are used for many types of disablities.

What is a good way to inform people about laws on service animals?
    I would guess that rules and laws about service animals are being developed as we speak. Do you know some good websites that lists the laws? Please post a link.

People can push the service animal "laws/rules" past their limit. That's why the working animal vest is so useful. I remember having to call security to remove a woman and her dog from a hospital corridor. The dog was jumping up on people and barking. The woman kept insisting that it was a service dog, that she needed it there. It didn't have a vest on. It was jumping on older people who where using walkers to get up and down the halls. The presence of the woman and her dog were not the problem, the dog's behavior was.

A good way to inform people about laws pertaining to service animals is to have a working knowledge of what those laws entail. Then, share why your animal is fitting in with those laws. A vest tells non-disabled people that the animal is supposed to be there. The animal needs to respond to the commands of its handler, regardless of whether it was trained at home or not.

Oct 6, 2009, 01:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie View Post
    I would guess that rules and laws about service animals are being developed as we speak. Do you know some good websites that lists the laws? Please post a link.

People can push the service animal "laws/rules" past their limit. That's why the working animal vest is so useful. I remember having to call security to remove a woman and her dog from a hospital corridor. The dog was jumping up on people and barking. The woman kept insisting that it was a service dog, that she needed it there. It didn't have a vest on. It was jumping on older people who where using walkers to get up and down the halls. The presence of the woman and her dog were not the problem, the dog's behavior was.

A good way to inform people about laws pertaining to service animals is to have a working knowledge of what those laws entail. Then, share why your animal is fitting in with those laws. A vest tells non-disabled people that the animal is supposed to be there. The animal needs to respond to the commands of its handler, regardless of whether it was trained at home or not.

Yes it does help a lot when service animals wear vest even though it isn't required.

The ada website tells about service animals and how they help the disablied. Delta society also has great info. On service dogs and the laws.

Deltasociety.org What do you think about that website?;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Service entrance cable size for 100 amp and 200 amp service. [ 16 Answers ]

I would like to know what size aluminum sec I would need for 100 or 200 amp service

I want to start a tiffin service or packaged food service in punjab mkt [ 2 Answers ]

For tiffin or packaged food service What should be My target population is 350 tiffins 1) capital investment 2) manpower requirement 3) location and space availbility 4) marketing statergy 5) implementation process

Change 100AMP service to 200AMP service? [ 2 Answers ]

What are the steps need to change from 100 AMP service to 200AMP service?

Changing from metered service on my shop to service from my house. [ 2 Answers ]

I’ve had the meter and 3 wire service cable removed from my shop. I’ve purchased 90 feet of 100 amp direct burial cable to run from the lower section of my home meter to my shop. Not being an electrician, I’m still trying to install this changeover. The direct burial cable has 4 wires. 2 larger...

View more questions Search