Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 5, 2009, 06:03 PM
    What's your Skin Tone, and How Light You Want to Go? (pics)
    What's your tone now, and what's your goal?

I would have to say natural skin tone from above, is closest to Brown,

and my Goal is Olive or Medium.

What's yours?
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Oct 5, 2009, 06:23 PM

That's a ty skin-color scale that doesn't even cover the HALF of darker skin tones! LOL. It's got like three dark shades, wow.

Oct 5, 2009, 06:30 PM

Here's a better scale of dark skin shades (just people of African descent, because with the 'white' skin tones, that chart shows more variety of colors):

Oct 5, 2009, 06:31 PM

Oct 5, 2009, 06:32 PM

I'm at Sanna Lathan (the pic right under Tyra) and I'm aiming for Tyra's color!

Oct 5, 2009, 06:32 PM

Sorry Vicky! I actually thought that's lots of skin tone for me to digest! Dermatologists have a list of 1 to 6, types of skincolor. Above chart has 8 tones.

Now once you girls get into MAC Makeup that's like 100s of tones... :)
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 5, 2009, 07:21 PM

We already have two threads like this... Read the threads before you start making new ones. This is getting really annoying. You should close this.

Oct 5, 2009, 07:24 PM

Actually, the other thread is about celeb pics, and doesn't have any skin tone chart.
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 5, 2009, 07:32 PM

If you look, there are already several other posts with skin complexion charts. Maybe you should take the time to search around the board before you post up a million and one questions a day. It is terribly annoying and if you keep it up I'm going to report you.
    RedBonewnnagrl Posts: 54, Reputation: 3

Oct 7, 2009, 01:22 AM

Wow golden_boy my complexion is closest to brown also!. and I want to be either medium or olive ,according to your chart. I would also be happy if I got to tan! According to the other chart I would say that I am kind of close to Sana Lathan except that my undertones are totally different. My undertones are like an olive. My mom says I have an unusual undertone because of my father who is very light. Even when he gets a very dark tan he is still not dark.The darkest he can get is like a medium brown but his father is mixed so maybe that's why he can't get dark.Now once when I was at my fathers house he was walking around in his boxer briefs and wife beater aka(white tank shirt)and his arms face and neck were like a medium brown with red undertones but the wrest of his body that was showing was closest to Faith Evans complexion according to Viki chart or between olive and tan according to golden boy chart.

Oct 7, 2009, 01:23 AM

Wow golden_boy my complexion is closest to brown also!. and I want to be either medium or olive ,according to your chart. I would also be happy if I got to tan! According to the other chart I would say that I am kind of close to Sana Lathan except that my undertones are totally different. My undertones are like an olive. My mom says I have an unusual undertone because of my father who is very light. Even when he gets a very dark tan he is still not dark.The darkest he can get is like a medium brown but his father is mixed so maybe that's why he can't get dark.Now once when I was at my fathers house he was walking around in his boxer briefs and wife beater aka(white tank shirt)and his arms face and neck were like a medium brown with red undertones but the wrest of his body that was showing was between Rihanna and Faith Evans complexion according to Viki chart or between olive and tan according to golden boy chart.

Oct 7, 2009, 02:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBonewnnagrl View Post

Wow golden_boy my complexion is closest to brown also!!....

and I want to be either medium or olive ,according to your chart.

I would also be happy if I got to tan!

My undertones are like an olive.

I was at my fathers house he was walking around in his boxer briefs and wife beater ... and his arms face and neck were like a medium brown with red undertones but the wrest of his body that was showing was ...between olive and tan according to golden boy chart.

LOL what a coincidence, Red! My tone is weird too, because I'm brown/olive skin but even when Im at my lightest like in the winter, there's so much red which I don't like... but what to do at least when we are light, either medium, or olive, we won't be that shade of brown that can look too dusky for our own personal taste, right?

And yeah dusky with a tan is too dark, while if we lighten to medium-ish, our tan will look a nice warm olive or "golden" tone!
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 02:43 AM

Hi,

I have a question. Hope I don't offend anyone.

I see the skin lighting threads all the time, I'm just wondering..

Why? Is it because your uncomfortable in your own skin?

I'm just curious. I've never known of anyone whom did this...

Sarah

Oct 7, 2009, 03:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    Hi,

I have a question. Hope I don't offend anyone.

I see the skin lighting threads all the time, I'm just wondering..

Why? Is it because your uncomfortable in your own skin?

I'm just curious. I've never known of anyone whom did this...

Sarah
    Ever heard people tell someone

"you need a tan!" without any offense intended?

Well, in contrast,

Someone decides for themselves they want to lose their tan, or get lighter,

And bamm, heads roll! :eek:

(Yet no one ever got skin cancer from lightening, while millions do from tanning )

Go figure.

:)
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 03:20 AM

Heads roll?

Aren't you being a little dramatic? I just asked a question.

Sorry?

Sarah

Oct 7, 2009, 03:22 AM

LOL, It has nothing to do with not being comfortable in your own skin. Some people lighten for different reasons. For instance I am a naturally light person ,but one time I went on vacation with my dad and his wife who hates me. I was 9 years old and we were at the beach. It was 90 or 100 degrees out and the sun was beaming. There were 2 big sun umbrellas and my dads wife wouldn't let me sit under neither of them. So I ended up falling asleep in the sun and to make matters worst I didn't have any sunblock on. When I woke up my skin was in a lot of pain! My skin was a medium olive complexion ,but after that it was a dark reddish brown. It was so bad that I looked as if I were a Lil red martian! LOL When I got home my mom got really angry with my dad for letting that happened. My skin was peeling a lot on its own and my skin was hurting and stinging a lot so my mom then took me to the doctors because she was very worried. The doctor said that I should be okay and that next time I should use sunblock or I will get skin cancer eventually! My skin finished peeling ,but it never returned to its original color.Now I have very small bright olive specks scattered all over my body and my complexion is'nt even at all! It is not very noticeable ,but it does bother me like it would any person. So I am lightening my skin so I can get back to my original color. Now people tan ,does that mean they are not comfortable in the skin they are in? Tanning is the same as skin lightening! It doesn't mean that you are insecure. It is all about a matter of preference. Just like if someone had really bad acne and wanted to get it removed. Would them getting it remove mean that they are insecure and not comfortable in their skin? No not necessarily. Some people get their acne removed because that is what they prefer!

Oct 7, 2009, 04:07 AM

Nope Im not being dramatic.

Why, because I never heard of a person who loves Tanning being asked the question you asked.

Have you?

Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 04:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    Nope Im not bein dramatic.

Why, because I never heard of a person who loves Tanning being asked the question you asked.

Have you?

Actually, yes.

There are people who are orange and or just look unnatural-- those people get asked those type of questions.

I've never met or heard of skin lightening till I came onto this site.

I grew up in a small town- meh.

Sarah

Oct 7, 2009, 06:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBonewnnagrl View Post
    LOL, It has nothing to do with not being comfortable in your own skin. Some people lighten for different reasons. For instance I am a naturally light person ,but one time I went on vacation with my dad and his wife who hates me. I was 9 years old and we were at the beach. It was 90 or 100 degrees out and the sun was beaming. There were 2 big sun umbrellas and my dads wife wouldn't let me sit under neither of them. So I ended up falling asleep in the sun and to make matters worst I didn't have any sunblock on. When I woke up my skin was in a lot of pain!! My skin was a medium olive complexion ,but after that it was a dark reddish brown. It was so bad that I looked as if I were a Lil red martian!! LOL When I got home my mom got really angry with my dad for letting that happened. My skin was peeling a lot on its own and my skin was hurting and stinging a lot so my mom then took me to the doctors because she was very worried. The doctor said that I should be okay and that next time I should use sunblock or I will get skin cancer eventually!! My skin finished peeling ,but it never returned to its original color.Now I have very small bright olive specks scattered all over my body and my complexion is'nt even at all!! It is not very noticeable ,but it does bother me like it would any person. So I am lightening my skin so I can get back to my original color. Now people tan ,does that mean they are not comfortable in the skin they are in? Tanning is the same as skin lightening!! It doesn't mean that you are insecure. It is all about a matter of preference. Just like if someone had really bad acne and wanted to get it removed. Would them getting it remove mean that they are insecure and not comfortable in their skin? No not necessarily. Some people get their acne removed because that is what they prefer!!
    Your welcome. I don't know what race you are or what complexion you may be ,but some people come through threads like this asking questions like that a lot and it can start trouble depending on how the person asking the question puts it. I don't think you meant any harm or arrogance and that your question was just pure curiosity. Most of the time if it is'nt something you are into or if it is'nt something that anyone you know is into ,it will merely cause you to become curious. My mother told me when I was little that no question is a dumb or bad question and that if you don't truly understand something... then you should question it. I myself asked another person on here a question and they have me a very ignorant response ,but I don't condone stuff like that. So I just left it alone and didn't mimick her ignorance. This is askmehelpdesk ,which in my opinion means that if someone asks me a question ,I am going to try and answer it as clearly,effective,and as friendly as I can.

Oct 7, 2009, 06:41 AM

Thanks LOL and it was pretty obvious that you were'nt being dramatic. It's just that there was a misunderstanding.Also a lot of people don't realise it ,but skin lightening itself is a very complicated and touchy subject that some people ,including myself ,feel strongly about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best way to bleach skin and Still have a smooth and even tone skin? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been bleaching my skin but I have darker knuckles and elbows etc and uneven skin tone. Can some one please tell me which skin bleaching lotion to use to have an even skin tone and get darker knuckles, elbows, etc and also best way to bleach skin ...

Even skin tone [ 13 Answers ]

Hello, I am a young woman of east indian descent with dark brown skin that is extremely uneven. I don't have the time to spend loads of cash on skin lightening treatments, and I am only trying to lighten certain parts of my body, specifically the skin around my mouth, underarms, elbows and knees,...

Skin tone [ 2 Answers ]

I'm an african american female what can I use to lighten up my skin tone

Skin tone [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a little tan. Brown Skin tone. I have these white dots, not dots but it seems like someone took a cotton ball , dipped it in baby powder and spread it on my right shoulder. Its not dry skin.. obviously I have two different skin tone, but only on my right shoulder

View more questions Search