Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 7, 2009, 08:19 PM

Im getting dizzy in here with all these diff't products being listed!

Or maybe its all the skin bleach I just slathered on too

:D
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 08:51 PM
    It maybe the skin bleach... lol

But it's best to try it for yourself and see if it works for you. If it does and it's safe, then stick with it. No need to try everything on the market.
    RedBonewnnagrl Posts: 54, Reputation: 3

Oct 7, 2009, 10:56 PM

The reason why I said that I am going to alternate between cheap skin lightening products is because most people on these threads have mentioned how after using a certain product throughout a certain period ,the product would become immune to their skin and stop giving a lightening effect.So I figured that I would have a better semi-permanent outcome, if I use one product at a time until the product that I was initially using becomes immune to my skin. So that's my back up plann is that ever happens.
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 11:25 PM
    Let us know how it go RedBone, when I was lightening with the makari I was able to lighten very well but not to the point of reaching my goal. And I kept trying for an additional 3 months in hopes to reach another shade and a 1/2 or 2 shades. I never tried what you mentioned. But, I know some others have done this with much success.

Oct 9, 2009, 12:26 AM

I think I have come to realize, none of these products are strong! I am going to mix them all up then slather them all over my face and arms! :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 12:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    I think I have come to realize, none of these products are strong!! I am going to mix em all up then slather them all over my face and arms! :)
    Maybe it'll work and maybe due to mixing them together they might become an ineffective batch of crème, as some ingredients lessen the effects of others. Then if that happens, it will be a waste of money and time.

Oct 9, 2009, 02:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Maybe it'll work and maybe due to mixing them together they might become an ineffective batch of creme, as some ingredients lessen the effects of others. Then if that happens, it will be a waste of money and time.

Oh yeahh. Then I will make sure to get strong stuff like Tretinoin .1% that way it can be diluted and still end up .5% or .25% or so. Ditto for arbutin well ideally I would use raw arbutin.

I tried to use raw turmeric but it looks like curry paste in yogurt(cream) and stained palms so bad!
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 02:20 AM
    Hi, All!

Has the question posted by the original poster been answered sufficiently enough?

Just curious here...

Thanks!

Oct 9, 2009, 02:24 AM

Hi Clough!

Hey I recognize u from the Gardening/Plants section!

:)
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 02:26 AM
    I'm all over the site, Golden_Boy!

And, I do moderate many sections of this site.

Thanks!

Oct 9, 2009, 02:27 AM

Oh, that's awesome man!

Quite the expert!

:)
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2009, 02:43 AM
    So, did you answer my question that I asked in post #28, Golden_Boy?

I would appreciate it if you did that!

Thanks!

Oct 9, 2009, 02:50 AM

Oh I thought you said hi to all but that you were asking the OP of the Question,, sorry!

Yeah in my opinion as a responder I think so.

But what do I know I'm a newbie of maybe a week here or so.
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Oct 9, 2009, 02:55 AM
    ... How do you even answer this question? Everyone's skin is different...

You can get HQ as low as 0.5% or as high as 99%... so who's to say what is strong and what isn't? Some people consider 4% strong while others need 6%-10%...

A lot of people here swear by Bio Claire... I think its crap and a waste of money because it didn't work for me.

There's really no definitive answer to this question...
    RedBonewnnagrl Posts: 54, Reputation: 3

Oct 9, 2009, 03:50 AM

Hmmm I see what you mean maybe I should have put instead... What are the best skin lightening products that you ever used? But oh well... its too late to do that now.. LOL
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 10:00 PM
    I swear that Bio Claire is crap too.

I agree with Dessaml, what some may consider as strong, others may consider it differently. All trial and error. Dessaml is that you in the avatar?

Well, how would you guys categorize these products from strongest to weakest and which ones have you tried and experience lightening from, as it would be great to add more effective products to our list as mentioned from Redbone:

1. Clear Quick
    2. Clear Essence
    3. Clear-N-Smooth
    4. Easy White Paris
    5. Immediate Claire
    6. SH-18
    7. Sure White
    8. Xtreme Brite

Oct 9, 2009, 10:41 PM

There are a zillion of those products sold in beauty stores, some in very big bottles I heard most that say made in Switzerland or Suisse is just an inside trade name for crap really made in China if they say Arbutin they mean Hq, etc... Sure White, Betavate, Rosance, etc. Not sure though, there's no evidence.
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Oct 9, 2009, 10:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    I swear that Bio Claire is crap too.

I agree with Dessaml, what some may consider as strong, others may consider it differently. All trial and error. Dessaml is that you in the avatar?

Well, how would you guys categorize these products from strongest to weakest and which ones have you tried and experience lightening from, as it would be great to add more effective products to our list as mentioned from Redbone:

1. Clear Quick
    2. Clear Essence
    3. Clear-N-Smooth
    4. Easy White Paris
    5. Immediate Claire
    6. SH-18
    7. Sure White
    8. Xtreme Brite
    How is SH-18? I wanted to try the caviar lightening cream
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 11:37 PM
    I don't know, I was wondering the same thing. I'm searching for the ingredients.
    Ultra Member

Oct 10, 2009, 12:22 AM
    For the SH 18, their main active ingredient is 2% hq as their lightener... hmmm, doesn't sound too potent. I would prefer getting the generic hq 4%/tret and lighten twice as fast:

SH18 CAVIAR LIGHTENING LOTION
    Active Ingredients: Hydroquinone 2%, Caviar Extract 0.55%: good moisturizer, not a lightener though)

SH18 suisse SKIN LIGHTENING BODY LOTION
    Active Ingredients: 2% Hydroquinone, Octyl dimetyl PABA (0.5%): a sunscreen, Vitamin E (0.1%)

SH18 Cocoa butter Lotion
    Active Ingredients: Cocoa Butter 2%, Hydroquinone 2%, Vitamin E 0.1%

Has anyone tried this? To me 15-20 bucks for 2% hq doesn't do it justice, better off getting the hq 4% for 15.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lightening Products [ 3 Answers ]

Want to know if some of you guys out there has ever used any of these products... Lucederm,Medliten and Revitol and if it works Thanks.

Skin lightening products [ 4 Answers ]

I need advice on natural skin lightening products like plants and herbs that I can use for my skin. I am a black african woman.

Skin lightening products [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir/Madam, Does it right that the skin lightening pills really makes your skin more lighter? Does the Gluthatione whitening pill with its ingredients (alpha lipoic acid, grapeseed, etc... ) make your skin light if taking it regularly or does it have a side effect in health or body? My...

Skin Lightening Products [ 1 Answers ]

What are some harmless products that I can use to lighten my skin complexion in less than two weeks?

View more questions Search