Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 8, 2009, 09:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by browndeceit View Post
    well he's half white. What the hell did you expect?
    :p
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 11:18 PM
    Mmmm... Obama is sooo fine!! Michelle is a blessed woman to have such a fine, and wonderful man.. I would trade places with her any day. Besides, I like Obama far more than Tiger Woods. Tiger is just annoying to me.

But, with Tiger Woods saying he is "Cablinasian", lets see what would happen to him if he said mess like that 150 years ago. They would still beat him on his back and tell him to keep picking cotton in the fields. And it still didn't stop that other golfer a few years back from saying his racial insulting slur "Tiger needs to go back home and eat some fried chicken and collard greens".. or something like that he said. That's like me going around saying I am a "Ethio-indi-acan because my mom is 1/2 cherokee and half black and my dad is full Ethiopian mix w/arab" (Ethiopian, Black American, and Cherokee Indian). I am very proud of all of my roots, but at the end of the day I look black, I'm treated black, so I say I'm black. Many if not all of us are mixed with something whether we know it or not.

Oh, and that seller from earlier I hope never comes back... lol

Oct 9, 2009, 12:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Mmmm....Obama is sooo fine!!! Michelle is a blessed woman to have such a fine, and wonderful man..I would trade places with her any day. Besides, I like Obama far more than Tiger Woods. Tiger is just annoying to me.

But, with Tiger Woods saying he is "Cablinasian", lets see what would happen to him if he said mess like that 150 years ago. They would still beat him on his back and tell him to keep picking cotton in the fields. And it still didn't stop that other golfer a few years back from saying his racial insulting slur "Tiger needs to go back home and eat some fried chicken and collard greens"..or something like that he said. That's like me going around saying I am a "Ethio-indi-acan because my mom is 1/2 cherokee and half black and my dad is full Ethiopian mix w/arab" (Ethiopian, Black American, and Cherokee Indian). I am very proud of all of my roots, but at the end of the day I look black, I'm treated black, so I say I'm black. Many if not all of us are mixed with somthing whether we know it or not.

Oh, and that seller from earlier I hope never comes back...lol

That's my sis, sistah! :)

& the more mix, the merrier! :) Because mix is the opposite of inbred.

I can hardly believe Tiger's mom is Chinese Thai, wow he hardly shows any.. I thought he was Fijian with African. He used to just say he's "asian".

I guess he doesn't like being assumed just "black" as if its plain or something? Keeps him exotic. Well, his kids will look exotic. His wife is such a contrast with him! :cool:

Obama, well I doubt most Americans have a clue he's basically half Arab and half White.

And only 6% African!
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 12:49 AM
    Lol... for him to say he is just "asian" is just stupid, as it is obvious he doesn't look in the mirror as much then. It sounds like he may have been ashamed somehow. To me I think his father should have had him see a shrink to deal with his self-identity crises. We are all mixed one way or another, and it would be kind of confusing if everyone started walking around creating their own races for themselves and then their kids creating new names for themselves. I find every race and culture intriguing and unique.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 12:51 AM
    I don't like Tiger Woods.

Oct 9, 2009, 12:57 AM

Blasian might have been more appropriate since it's a recognized term... there are so many Bla's.

WHY THEY'RE HUNTING THE TIGER; Black fury over 'Asian' Woods.(Sport) - The Mirror (London, England) | Encyclopedia.com
    divaforlyfe Posts: 39, Reputation: 7

Oct 13, 2009, 11:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    LOL Golden sis & Brown! :p

^ Interesting, ur comment about Fiji friend reminded me of Tiger Woods, who doesn't self-identify as being 'black':

Tiger Woods said he wasn't actually "black" at all -- he was "Cablinasian."

Woods made his remarks on "Oprah," when he was asked if it bothered him to be called an African-American. "It does," he said. "Growing up, I came up with this name: I'm a 'Cablinasian.'" As in Caucasian-black-Indian-Asian. Woods has a black father (or to be precise, if I am interpreting Woods' reported ancestry correctly, a half-black, one-quarter American Indian, one-quarter white father) and a Thai mother (or, with the same caveat, a half-Thai, half-Chinese mother).

And Tiger Woods, in turn, reminds me of Pres. OBAMA, who does identifies as "black", but happens to be lighter than Tiger (in comparison)

"Mr. Obama is 50% Caucasian, that from his mother. "America's first African-American president"'s father is ethnically Arabic, with only 1 relative ethnically African Negro - a maternal great-grandparent (Sen. Obama's great-great grandparent, thus the 6.25% ethnic contribution to the senator's ethnic composition.).

That means that Mr. Obama is 50% Caucasian from his mother's side. He is 43.75% Arab, and 6.25% African Negro from his father's side."

notice Obama is strikingly lighter than all the rest in his family!! :eek:
    Oprah had her DNA ancestry test done to check her tribal heritage she was classifies as Bamileke tribe in Cameroon, and she is a distant cousin to elvis's daughter so she does have some other ethnic traits in her but she is black what is the difference,look at her baby pics and you will see that she look darker with the money she make now she better look good, she does not look creole just because a black women or a black person is successful does not mean that they have to have another race in them,
    Obama's father was just as dark as the men you see in those pics, his father is African, oh yeah and black people do have blue eyes and it's not a genetic disorder. I am African and when I went home to visit I saw this myself. Even there some of the natives had oval shaped chinese eyes and european looking noses it did not make them less Black.
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2009, 07:44 PM
    I agree with you Diva. For some blacks to have blue or any other different colored eyes can be a variety of reasons of why the color of their eyes are the way that they are. Not necessarily a disorder, but can be normal as well. To classify it as a disorder is like saying all colored eyes of all races are a disorder a well. That also includes the nose shape, slanted or full eyes, skin color, height, shape of lips, etc. Black people are the most diverse in features and complexions, mixed and not mixed a like. I believe that has very much do to with first ancestors which later lead to more diverse races through out history.

I would love to get my DNA ancestry test done someday, I think it would be great for everyone to have. We would be quite surprised. I think Oprah is pretty when she has makeup on and also when she was very young.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2009, 06:54 PM

I think it is more of a challenge for a woman to maintain her new lightened complexion with skin lighteners and/or peels because if she becomes pregnant or breastfeed, the instructions will say not to and/or must speak with your doctor because it can cause harm to the child. So, it would take about 9-20 months before she can relighten..
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Nov 16, 2009, 05:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    Also most majority Americans asked, also assume she's wearing color contacts.

They think Indian = almost Black ..

I guess

:confused:
    You know I got to comment.. LOL.. not to pick on you.. but Black people have lots of mixes too... just like Indian.. and many Indian people, desi, hindi.. etc.. Are often far darker than many people who are considered black... I think that dark is dark, and it shouldn't matter what area of the world that darkness originated from...

Now I'm not singling you out cause you didn't say anything about this or imply anything negative, but the world tends to give a boost to non-african shades of "Blackness" on the social hiearchy and I think it's just unfair and separates people even more.. A huge majority of people of indian background are darker than I am.. to the point that if they had different hair, they would be thought african...
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Nov 16, 2009, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkinGirl View Post
    Vanessa Williams and the actor guy have a heavy degree of Caucasion and other non black mixed blood. The Africans with blue eyes suffer from some kind of rare eye genetic disorder which makes their eyes blue.
    Not always... while some people have genetic disorders while there are people who just have a genetic sequence for blue colored eyes,. not all people with blue eyes have to have caucasian genes.. it's just super rare... I studied this for a while in a few of my clasees in college and was amazed to learn it. Green, hazel and other colors were stated as being more likely to be due to mixing but there was something about the blue sequence that made it unique and therefore non-exclusive of a particular race although it is of course more prevalent in causcasians.

The study covered indigenous people with blue eyes (with no history of mixing) and tracing DNA sequences proved that this was just a super recessive gene in all of them... thus showing that Blue eyes were not indicative of racial mixing in some cases
    sweetcaroline Posts: 74, Reputation: 5

Nov 16, 2009, 06:15 PM

Yes when someone is african-american with blue eyes they might have a white ancestor somewhere but when someone is pure african and has blue eyes that is proof blue eyes gene does not only happen in caucasians.

I am "Black" but my father is a full blooded irish white man, far as I know. I hardly explain I am biracial, I consider myself simply Black.

I came out looking Beyonce's color, sometimes they say in my family I got the dominant black genes, though. My sister who has a softer hair and narrower nose, and lighter skin often passes for latina or straight up white with a tan when she straightens softens and lightens her hair.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 06:40 PM
    I agree. My older sister has fair skin, greenish-grey eyes, and blond hair because she takes after our grandfather who has the same characteristics. My brothers look similar to my mom whose 1/2 cherokee and 1/2 black. I mostly take after my dad and grandmother with Ethiopian features. It makes me mad when people say she must not be my sister because of the differences, other than that we look a lot alike.
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Nov 17, 2009, 01:18 PM

It's just pure ignorane. Me and my sisters look nothing alike and yes it tends to be the norm that families do tend to look similar but as we come from 2 parents who have their own genes, then there may be so many permuatations as to the outcome of their children. I remember meeting my brother's girlfriend who made a big deal about me being so much lighter than my sisters, like it was impossible. I know that I have used lightening products, but I was always lighter than them and I am very careful in the sun, whereas they are quite comfortable getting a tan.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 02:12 PM

People and races are all mixed up and you don't know what your offspring is going to look like. I know MANY black people that have very light eyes, I've dated a few black men with, green, grey and light brown eyes.

I changed my eye colour premanently when I lightened my skin. And also some skin lighners lighten the eyes, i.e mono

Nov 17, 2009, 03:59 PM

So how did you change your eye colour ? Did you have that eye surgery that I have seen mentioned before?
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 06:54 PM
    I would like to know too Lighterrr. Were you not a bit afraid of the eye surgery? Also what color did you chose to get and I never heard of the change in eye color by using mono?
    stay white Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2009, 12:21 AM
    Yes lighterrr tell me how you managed to change the colour of your eyes without the use of contact lenses

Nov 18, 2009, 05:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    I would like to know too Lighterrr. Were you not a bit afraid of the eye surgery? Also what color did you chose to get and I never heard of the change in eye color by using mono?
    Me neither. And as for the eye surgery,, WELL, I have seen them doing corrective laser treatment for short/long sightedness and that scares the CR*P out of me. I mean, they peel back the lens to allow the lasers to work... Yuck... and as for the device to keep your eye open... All looks like torture to me. I have a real thing about eyes... Can watch all kinds of surgery but hate anything about eyes! :eek:
    Ultra Member

Nov 18, 2009, 10:04 PM
    I know. I thought of getting the laser surgery to correct my vision years ago. But, then when I learened the process of how it's done and that they will not sedate me, I chose to stick with contacts and glasses until maybe another 20 years? About the eyecolor surgery, I read some articles on patients having it done by unsatisfactory doctors overseas and almost lost their vision and saw some of the pics where the people's eyes were an almost neon abnormal blue color which was improperly done. I would be too afraid to have it done.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been fri [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. I am a 36 years old female and has been seeing a man for 3 years we have been friends since I was 17 and about 3 years ago that grew into something more. He is everything to me my best friend my lover and my partner. There is no one I would like to spend my time with except for him. He is 56...

A few bad years. [ 4 Answers ]

F I've years ago, my mum, who was my best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. A year later I found out that my dad was having an affair with his secretary, he left and moved in with her. Then mum was re-diagnosed with a more serious type of cancer. It had spread... But mum was always a...

How many years [ 1 Answers ]

John Roberts has $42,180.53 in a brokerage account, and he plans to contribute an additional $5,000 to the account at the end of every year. The brokerage account has an expected annual Return of 12 percent. If John’s goal is to accumulate $250,000 in the account, how many years Will it take for...

Ontario / Seven years done... Now seven more years? [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Ontario Canada and have waited seven years for a TD Bank entry to come off the "Credit Information" section on my Equifax report, It's come off but now there's a completely new entry in the "Collection Accounts" section for the same arrears handed over to a collection agency. I thought...

View more questions Search