Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tomwalsh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2009, 11:55 AM
    Ford F250 Power Stroke diesel won't start after running
    I have a 2005 f250 6.0 power stroke with 100,000 miles and until now have not had many problems. Turbo clamp blew off replaced clamp and turbo

Problem:
    After I run the truck no matter how far or long it will not start until it sits for a few hours or I use stating fluid and sometimes that won't work, I leave it alone over night and it fires like new.

History:
    Bought the truck with 30k. Chipped with banks. When truck started and while running it would blow blue smoke. Brought it to the dealer (Gordie Boucher in Kenosha, Wisconsin)and the answer they gave me "can not duplicate" Bull... The second to last time I had it in they told me they could not do anything because I had it chipped. I had them look it up and they saw that they sold it to me like that. So they said they had to wipe it out and restore factory codes. Again they said they "can not duplicate" Then the starting problem started happeneing 6 months later and kept getting worse. I took it in told me they fixed it I picked it up drove home stopped for a burger at BK (3 miles away) shut it down in the drive through so they could hear and it would not start. Took it back they kept it for 3 weeks told me the warrentee expired and the computer now all of a sudden was showing a code in the fimc but said that controls a number of things and might not be the problem. Now it is very bad. If this was a 7.3 It would be the camshaft sensoer.

I think that the problem started with the blue smoke and progressed to this. If anyone can help with this PLEASE let me know... I do not have any computer equipment so I have to do this the old fasion way R and R If you need any more info I will try and provide it.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 12:30 PM

Check these troubleshooting steps out:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...ml#post1415281

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Ford 7.3 Power Stroke Turbo- Diesel [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2003 7.3 power stroke turbo-diesel runs great however after driving the vehicle 5 to 15 minutes starts to bogg down looses all power as if, starving for fuel If let sit for 20 minutes will start up and run for another 15 minutes and stop again.Changed the fuel pump and have a full tank of...

Ford power stroke diesel engine [ 7 Answers ]

My 97 Ford f350 power stroke diesel quit on the way to work . The fuel filter was changed Then on the way home it quit again. After sitting for a little bit it started again. It will run good for about 15 minutes then shuts off. What could be wrong with it?

Diesel Ford f250 will not start [ 2 Answers ]

My 1999 Ford f250 diesel will not start this morning. It ran fine yesterday but after plugging in to warm the oil and charging the battery it still will not start. Any hints. This is the first time I have had any trouble starting this truck.

Ford Power Stroke Diesel [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1995 Ford F-250 4X4 with the 7.3 Power Stroke Diesel. It has about 170,000 miles on it and is in great shape. However, a couple days ago I was driving it and suddenly there was no response to the accelerator even though it was still running. It only lasted less than a minute and then...

Ford Power Stroke Diesel Problems [ 27 Answers ]

I'm looking for a 3/4 ton pick-up and noticed there are a lot of Ford F-250's for sale that have the "Power Stroke" 6L diesel engine. A friend of mine told me to stay away from them because they have problems, but couldn't be more specific. Anybody know the history on these engines?:confused:

View more questions Search