Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inertia Posts: 308, Reputation: 60

Oct 5, 2009, 07:25 AM
    Frustration with women
    OK, I'm convinced. Women in their twenties cannot be satisfied. I know of 3 situations all distinctly different except for one common denominator: woman not satisfied. One guy is good looking, charming, funny, hard working and loyal. He could cheat in a second if he wanted, but never will. His wife is moody depressed and currently crushing (throwing herself at) some doctor that doesn't even like her.

Another guy is a great listener, good looking, makes good money.. could also cheat. His wife said he's not exciting enough (because he is stable, trust me this guy is not boring.. she married him).

Another guy is finishing his PhD. His long term girlfriend likes them smart. She is currently flirting every two seconds with a professor twice her age.

These aren't harmless situations folks. The flirting going on is very provocative. What the hell gives?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 07:36 AM

That's a huge generalization. Three situations does not represent the rest of the population. That's a small sample size. You need to get to know more people.

Every girl wants something different. If you don't have what they want, then they won't be a good match. Feelings come naturally. You can't force feelings.

Oct 5, 2009, 07:37 AM

Oh yeah, two of those situations involve children. I blame it on all this "I have to be happy" crap.

Oct 5, 2009, 07:39 AM
    I wish, seriously dude. Thanks for your astute observations, but you are missing my point entirely. I understand it's not all women and there is a good chance I know more people than you, so spare me. You are one of the cheerleaders of "you have to do what makes you happy" camp. Sorry, but if you decide after 3 years to get married and have kids, unless you are being abused in some way, you don't just start flirting with other men.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 07:44 AM
    Sometimes feelings change. It sucks big time, I'm with you on that. But again, feelings can't be forced. They have to come naturally. Just like feelings can change naturally over time. That sucks too, but it happens.

As for people cheating while in a committed marriage. That's their problem and unfortunately some people are victims. I don't think you'll find anyone in this board who would support cheating. I'm with you on how cheating is wrong nor matter what.

It happens for men and women at all ages, so I don't think it's fair to generalize for all women in their twenties.

Oct 5, 2009, 07:52 AM

Feelings are fickle. Who didn't "hate" their parents at one time or another... nope, sorry. I'm becoming a hardliner. This is what's wrong with our society. Hands out, eyes closed. Pointing the finger at others, "expecting" happiness. Life's a , then you die. I'm just growing really tired of all of these spoiled people. Kids come first, if they don't... don't procreate and spare us your offspring.
    paxe Posts: 793, Reputation: 158

Oct 5, 2009, 07:55 AM

It's all about the options I believe. It makes sense. It seems true that people want what they can't have.

Oct 5, 2009, 08:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by paxe View Post
    It's all about the options I believe. It makes sense. It seems true that people want what they can't have.
    Exactly. Now for those of us who live in big cities, are attractive, make decent money, the options are plentiful. I was raised pretty traditionally though. Once you marry, that's it. Your spouse becomes your family. I didn't try to upgrade my brother. Yes, its unfair to generalize women. Men and women who are always looking for the bigger better deal, or get bored after a few years need to grow up. If we all lived that selfishly, there would be mayhem.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 08:32 AM
    I can give you another common denominator in those relationships: You don't know all the details of each one.

You are making general assumptions based on information that you have been given. You go into detail about how great these men are and how the women shouldn't want anything else in life because these men have it all. Maybe they don't. Most relationships have hidden parts that only those in them know about. Sometimes when you learn the true dynamics of the relationship it can change your perception of events and the people involved.

I am not condoning cheating. I happen to hate it with a passion that I try very hard to curb on this board because it wouldn't help anyone.

I do, however, understand that there are at very least three sides to every story. His, Hers, and the truth. Add the observers of the story and the sides multiply with the observers' comprehension and understanding of the story based on what parts they see and their own experiences.

Oct 5, 2009, 08:41 AM

While you are correcting me, let's take it a step further shall we? Truth itself is relative. Seeing as how each individual's perception is unique to said individual, no two people see the same truth. Kind of like, no two people see the color blue the same way. If you seek every individual's insight in a given situation before you come to a conclusion then you must spend an awful amount of time riding the fence.

I hope you don't have opinions about the economy, war or politics in general. It would be impossible to discern any absolute truths in such abstract topics with so many competing points of view. There comes a point in time where "the other guy's story" doesn't matter. In black and white terms, I don't care what the details are (except for abuse, which again could be interpreted several different ways), if you marry and have children, grin and bare it. You're responsibilities don't care about your feelings.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 08:44 AM

I would still like to believe there are good women out there and I know there is, its just a matter of meeting them.
    High Max Posts: 271, Reputation: 43

Oct 5, 2009, 08:56 AM

I support you on this. Women from their teens to late twenties seem to change their mind as much as an OCD man washes his hands a day. I do not trust women as far as I can throw them, and have not for quite some time.

I see so many men on this site, and in real life give their all, love their women, and get slapped in the face for it. In my general observation, there are a lot more unhappy men here than women.

Here is what it really comes down to: Good looking women can have whatever they want. Some of them know this and take full advantage of it. It is quite rare to find a good looking woman who is down to earth, real, honest, and trustworthy. I have yet to find that and I have been looking for a really long time. Sadly society and the media glorify good looking women to be goddesses who can act and do as they please. They do. Men need to have more backbone and start punishing this behavior, or else it will run even more rampant than it has already. We need to get a backbone and start calling out women on their crap.

Honestly men, quit begging, pleading, crying for these women back when after years of dedication they *allow* some man to come in and sweep them off their feet. How can they do that? Who do they think they are? You don't just do that to people. I feel little to no sympathy for women when these things happen to them, because more than likely some poor man has suffered this same fate by them. What goes around comes around sometimes, and boy do I relish those stories when I hear them.

Why do I sound so cynical? I am a man with many battle scars from these kinds of women. Never good enough for the women I have wanted, no matter how hard I try. I am done with them. After I lost the woman I loved and tried so hard to get back after she left, I won't be opening up, not again. I have relationships with girls, but I lie and always date others on the side. I will not allow them to get in my heart, not again. It's so much easier to make sure that I never develop real feelings for them, because guess what? Getting dumped doesn't phase me at all anymore.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 09:03 AM
    I could say the same things about men.

Everyone needs to grow up and learn that life isn't easy and that you can't everything in a relationship ALL your way.

There has to be compromise and communication to make any relationship work.

Oct 5, 2009, 09:10 AM

While you certainly have my sympathies, that's not quite the point I'm making. I'm addressing the new age societal parasite of a belief that encourages people to seek some promised paradise of happiness. Too many parents doting over their children, telling them they are the center of the universe. I don't know. Best of all, I;m not being judgmental here. I'm plain sick of witnessing so much betrayal and pleasure seeking. There's always going to be a woman or man, car, house, job that seems better than yours. While I support working hard for more, I also think people should be grateful for what they have. Travel the world a bit. I've seen aids ridden, starving African children that are more pleasant to be around than some girl in grad school, driving a BMW.

Oct 5, 2009, 09:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    I could say the exact same things about men.

Everyone needs to grow up and learn that life isn't easy and that you can't everything in a relationship ALL your way.

There has to be compromise and communication to make any relationship work.
    I appologize if it was a bit of a blanket statement, but yes, I agree that a lot of guys are the same way. Everyone needs to not put up with so much BS so we can all be smacked down to earth.

Oct 5, 2009, 09:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by inertia View Post
    While you certainly have my sympathies, that's not quite the point I'm making. I'm addressing the new age societal parasite of a belief that encourages people to seek some promised paradise of happiness. Too many parents doting over their children, telling them they are the center of the universe. I don't know. Best of all, I;m not being judgmental here. I'm plain sick of witnessing so much betrayal and pleasure seeking. There's always going to be a woman or man, car, house, job that seems better than yours. While I support working hard for more, I also think people should be grateful for what they have. Travel the world a bit. I've seen aids ridden, starving African children that are more pleasant to be around than some girl in grad school, driving a BMW.
    I've heard from a lot of people that this is more of an American/Canadian problem than in a lot of other parts of the world. Sadly this entitlement complex is here to stay, I personally believe this a result of militant feminism and they media's glorification of material goods, looks, and fame.

Oct 5, 2009, 09:28 AM

Eh, not here to stay. Look at the current economic climate. Jobs aren't expected to come back for quite some time either. As larger countries (China and India) catch up to our "standard of living" global resources will diminish greatly and "everyone" is going to have to learn to live with less. I just wonder if our generation can handle it. Being such royalty and all.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 09:34 AM

Closed poster does not seem to want answers as much as to argue

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

A New Frustration! [ 7 Answers ]

Hi all. I took another hiatus from the board. Back again for a bit. This is more of a venting then needing advice. I went out on a few dates with this girl. I really liked her. She's quite an amazing girl. I was wondering though, why things were not progressing slightly faster. Some...

Frustration w/ trying to buy a home [ 7 Answers ]

All I want to do is buy a house. We have found one that is only 35K. I have 10% to put down. The problem is that my credit score is only in the 500s but I am the bread winner of the family. ( I make around 50K) My husband has a credit score around 630 but he is on disability. We have a VA...

Multimedia frustration. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm having a real problem finding a multimedia controller driver. Yes I have the question marks in bright yellow in device manager. Believe me I have tried everything. But to no avail. Relaoded mobo drivers, monitor, agp card etc and nothing. I'm running a asus A7N8X-E Deluxe with...

How to deal with this Frustration? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been in a relation with a girl for 1 year.We had a lot of fun during that time.We both are 21 years old.I have completed my college in July 2006 and she went to some other city for higher education.she lived in a hostel.Now she says that she doesn't care about me and my feelings.She had...

Frustration has taken over. [ 32 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend were together for ten months and then we broke up. She slept with someone and fell hard for them 4 days after we broke up, yet started talking to him right before we broke up since she worked with him. The break up took place May 28th the day after my birthday. This guy was the...

View more questions Search