Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chughtaimb Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 11:38 PM
    94 Mercedesebenz e320 - winshield wiper will not run on first speed position
    My 1994 Benz, E320 does not run on first speed when outside temperature is close to freezing as well rear defoger heater goes out at the same time. They work fine all other times. Can you recommend the fix or direct where the problem may be and if a journeyman can tackle to repair himself?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 03:37 AM

Are the windshield wipers on "on" or on "intermittent" or "automatic"?

It could be the sensor if they are on automatic.

Same with the rear defogger - automatic or do you turn it on and off?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 06:38 AM

On the defogger, clean the connections going to the rear window element with #240 abrasive cloth and apply dielectric grease. Also, check the defogger fuse, which is usually located in the under hood fuse box with a test light or multimeter, after turning the ignition switch to ON. Remove the fuse, clean with abrasive cloth, and apply dielectric grease.

For the wiper problem, check the multi-function switch. Carefully, try taking it apart and cleaning it. Try spraying the switch first with WD-40. I would also check the fuse going to the wipers with a test light or multimeter. Remove fuse, clean, and apply dielectric grease. If problem persists, replace switch.

Personally, I would test all under hood and under dash fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145

Be very thorough, since it can save a lot of time and money.
    chughtaimb Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 16, 2009, 06:46 AM

How do take apart the multi-function switch to check or clean the contacts?

The wiper works on medium and high speed but goes out in low speed only when the temperature is near freezing and works fine in warmer temperatures. At the same time defogger goes out but comes back when temperature is warm...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mercedes E320/License plate ideas! [ 7 Answers ]

Okay so I am thinking about buying a Mercedes Benz E320.. does anyone have a car & have problems with this model?? & I also need a cute license plate idea to personalize my plates. Below are some of my interests. BLH--initials Beach Shopping Blonde Love Pink... Just something cute &...

Mercedes benz E320 [ 1 Answers ]

I have 1996 Mercedes-Benz. I can't get the radio to work. When I turn the radio on, it displays the word, "CODE", and nothing that I do. The manufacturing no is WDBJF55F5TJ016561

2000 mercedes E320 [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought one.. white. Not sure what color tint I should get.. any suggestions? & also anybodyhave a car like this? How are they liking it? :)

Mercedes e320 heating [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 96 E320 and when I am in a traffic jam the temparature rises to the 100. When the traffic jam clears, the temperature of the car comes back fine to normal (80). When I am at a stop light, it climbs to about 100 too. What seems to be the problem? Thanks for the reply.

Does Home Insurance pay for a broken car winshield? [ 22 Answers ]

We were at my son's high school baseball game yesterday and one of the players hit a foul ball into the parking lot. It hit my car windshield and smashed it. I do not have coverage to replace it under my auto insurance. The school will not reimburse us either. Someone told us that the homeowners...

View more questions Search