Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reach4astar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 06:07 PM
    Raise Advertising Funds for business
    I own a local singles events service. Unfortunately, I went through a time where my expenses were out of line with the economy, now that I have corrected that, I have used up my funds and I just can't get ahead enough to do adequate advertising for the business. I just can't get enough advertising going to meet my minimal fixed costs. The business is a winner if I could just get a kick start.

How do I raise the funds for this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 4, 2009, 06:09 PM

Try venture capitalists
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 4, 2009, 06:50 PM

Borrow it, sell things , find family or friends to invest in it. Sell off part ownership, find private investors.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2009, 10:55 PM
    Hi, reach4astar!

What kinds of advertising would you like to do, please?

Thanks!
    reach4astar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 02:56 PM
    I have found that radio works well for me. I've tried everything (except TV)... local print, mailings, online, purchased leads, phone broadcast...

I would like to do radio at a rate that delivers enough to deliver real business. If anyone knows a way to do that cheap, let me hear it. Or other ideas are appreciated. Will try venture capitalists.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2009, 08:58 PM
    Hi again, reach4astar !

In what manners and ways have you advertised on the Internet, please?

If there's a public television station around where you are, they might be willing to post ads for free on what might be a community bulletin board.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Funds to Start New Business [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is Zenetta Purvis and I am looking for free funding to start a plus size women clothing store, I am now aware after much research that the Federal Government does not fund a retail small business such as mine. So now what? Where do I go from here? This is a dream for me to own my own...

How do I raise funds to produce my feature film? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I want to produce my first film for which I have written the story and script. I want parties to finance and I assure them return on investments. I have the power of contents and my film will be low budget and high content film.

Using 401k funds to start a business [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - I'd appreciate some help here. I'm leaving my present F/T job to start my own machine shop and I'd like to know if there is a consideration in the laws regarding 401k for doing this? Thanks! - Skip

Business advertising [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wandering what is the best way to advertise my business to a broad area. Another question Also how long should I wait to expect someone to call me about my business.

View more questions Search