Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sobi Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Amoxicillin & prochlorperazine
    When taking amoxicillin 250mg and prochlorperazine 5mg, I am finding it hard to sleep. Is this normal? My docter has said I have labyrinthitis which is making me really dizzy and causing a ringing in my ear. I have no other medical conditions
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 5, 2009, 05:52 AM

You really must tell us most of your medical issues otherwise a correct determination can't be reached, although we don't diagnose here or recommend.

Labyrinthitis is a viral infection of the inner ear, I guess that's why you are taking amoxicillin to counter the infection. Prochlorperazine is taken for nausea from cancer chemotherapy. I don't know the connection between the two in regard to causing you not to sleep but we all don't respond the same to different reactions and side effects from drugs.

You may wish to consult with your doctor. And I do urge you to ask more questions of your doctor regarding your medications.

Tick

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prochlorperazine & amoxicillian [ 1 Answers ]

Is it safe to take prochlorperazine 5mg & amoxicillian 250mg together.

Amoxicillin and Ortho-Cyclen taken together [ 1 Answers ]

One more question! :) I am currently on Amoxicillin cap 500 MG for a bladder infection. I am also taking birth control (Sprintec tab 0.25/0.035 generic for Ortho-Cyclen tab). When I picked up my antibiotic my pharmacist said that the Amoxicillin will interfere with my birth control for the rest...

View more questions Search