Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mpn1mxh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 04:59 AM
    10 year old Pom-Eskimo mix won't eat
    Fluffy has been eating less and less, she is losing weight -her tail is down instead of usually being curled up on her back. She sleeps a lot more than usual and only gets excited when she goes for a walk. As soon we return she is back looking tired and depressed. She will eat a little "people food" but not her wet or dry dog food. Even the usual treats she would love many times are left uneaten. I have a bad feeling but don't want to admit it as she is a family member who gives unconditional love to all. Everyone who sees or meets her instantly loves her especially the kids. We will be heartbroken when she goes. Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks Mark and Marie
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 05:08 AM

You really should bring her to the vet.
    mpn1mxh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 4, 2009, 05:16 AM

Any ideas as to what's wrong or is she winding down?
    teachnk Posts: 275, Reputation: 50

Oct 4, 2009, 05:38 AM

It could be lots of things, it could even be a dental issue.
    Take her to the vet - they can provide answers and hopefully solutions that we can't do online! I was in your shoes five years ago - my buddy had two bad teeth pulled and got some meds for cushings and he really improved. I ended up having my best friend for 3 more years!
    Go to the vet, go asap, Fluffy deserves it! :)
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2009, 05:53 AM

Unfortunately there are too many reasons to list why your dog wouldn't be eating, at 10 years old I think it is time to get her in for a full check-up at the vets to rule out any medical problems.

It could be something minor like arthritis and the pain is causing her to lose her apetite or it may be something more severe.. good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Eskimo kiss and forehead kiss [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this question should be in this forum or in relationship Anyway, just out of curiosity, what can frequent eskimo kissing and forehead kissing in a relationship tell about the significant others who initiate it and the relationship itself? I know that just a couple of physical...

6-year Indian Student, 1040EZ but claiming social security taxes from 5th year. [ 3 Answers ]

I've been in the States since 2001 (F-1 undergrad, then 1 year of F-1 OPT, and now with a new F-1 for grad school), 6 years so far and all at the same university in NYC. This will be my first year filing the 1040EZ, and I have a few Q's... Four questions: * Is the 1040EZ form the...

American eskimo w/problem eating [ 1 Answers ]

She's 9 yrs old and recently started yelping when she'd eat. Can't open her mouth, but know something's wrong. I can sometimes feed her like a horse, out of my hand, but know she's eating the best she can. What could she be yelping for?

View more questions Search