Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Oct 4, 2009, 07:23 PM

It seems that way
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 4, 2009, 11:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    If I was you, I'd stay away from Monobenzone. It's totally NOT worth it in my opinion.
    Thanks the more I ask around the more horror stories no matter the percent. I was recommended locally, to use OTHINE or Nadinola 3% Hydroquinone Skin Lightener, because its readily available, until I get my Makari, who knows when that will be.

Has anyone used or tried OTHINE or NADINOLA 3% Hydroquinone?
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 12:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dessaml View Post
    people have been having a lot of luck with 55H+ Chystalline...

Do you happen to be related to Golden_Girl? lol!
    Lmao... for a minute there I was thrown off a bit because I knew I didn't post earlier and I was like who is Golden_Boy :confused: No we are not related but I guess in here that would make us virtual twins or something.

I have read positive results for Nadinola, I never heard of Othine.
    itsamor Posts: 196, Reputation: 12

Oct 5, 2009, 12:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    Thanks the more I ask around the more horror stories no matter the percent. I was recommended locally, to use OTHINE or Nadinola 3% Hydroquinone Skin Lightener, because its readily available, until I get my Makari, who knows when that will be.

NADINOLA 3% mixed with fred summits 2% has given me great results... cvs always have them! Nadinola it great cause its just like a lotion and has NO scent or sticky/greasyness. Try that out babe ;)

Oct 5, 2009, 01:15 AM

Thanks so much TWIN SISTAH & beautifully whitegirl, you're so inform,ative and such DOLLZz! :)
    itsamor Posts: 196, Reputation: 12

Oct 5, 2009, 01:19 AM

Awwwwez<3
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 01:39 AM
    Lol... thanks.

I didn't know Fair and Flawless could make the skin burn, which kind did you use? They are too expensive for me.
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 7, 2009, 09:31 PM

I used Othine for like a few days. I got antsy and impatient thinking it was not strong enough for what I was trying to do so I quit with half a container still left.
    EggoMini Posts: 161, Reputation: 5

Oct 8, 2009, 01:04 AM

Nadinola (contains a bit of sunscreen but surely not enough) and Othine are super old brands from the same company I believe (same lab/company J. Strickland address on boxes).

I remember using Othine on my knees in high school a million years ago. :p It does work but relatively slowly. It seems to be better with scrubs, AHA or glycolics (exfoliants) in your regimen as well.

I've added dear old Othine 2 weeks ago (I do it every other night) to my regi of weekly gly peels and F&F Parfait daily.

The synergy seems to be getting my face and neck closer and closer to my body color a bit faster(?). I don't think the Othine is hurting. It's also so cheap that I'm fine slathering it on my forearms too.

I could be wrong but I think that HQ is more of a restoration thing?. like to use until you're back to normal (spots, shadows, blotches, freckles are faded)... to get rid of excess color?

I don't know if HQ can safely change your base natural color & full-body ongoing? :confused:

It does sound kind of toxic to use all over indefinitely but that's just my totally non-expert opinion.

Oct 8, 2009, 09:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by EggoMini View Post
    Nadinola (contains a bit of sunscreen but surely not enough) and Othine are super old brands from the same company I believe (same lab/company J. Strickland address on boxes).

I remember using Othine on my knees in high school a million years ago. :p It does work but relatively slowly. It seems to be better with scrubs, AHA or glycolics (exfoliants) in your regimen as well.

I've added dear old Othine 2 weeks ago (I do it every other night) to my regi of weekly gly peels and F&F Parfait daily.

The synergy seems to be getting my face and neck closer and closer to my body color a bit faster(?). I don't think the Othine is hurting. It's also so cheap that I'm fine slathering it on my forearms too.

I could be wrong but i think that HQ is more of a restoration thing? ...like to use until you're back to normal (spots, shadows, blotches, freckles are faded)...to get rid of excess color?

I don't know if HQ can safely change your base natural color & full-body ongoing? :confused:

It does sound kinda toxic to use all over indefinitely but that's just my totally non-expert opinion.
    LOL :p

Thanks I mixed my jar of othine with some turmeric and it seems to have turned doodie brown overnight! I threw it out and probably won't use Hq. I'm so against it because of past trial with it yrs ago. Probably move onto alpha-arbutin.

Makari is taking forever to get here! :(
    lilgreg1 Posts: 171, Reputation: 12

Oct 8, 2009, 07:05 PM
    - Accidental post due to connection errors.

Oct 8, 2009, 09:31 PM

Why does hq cream oxidize so quickly. Nasty! Yack!
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 11:41 PM
    Why does hq cream oxidize so quickly. Nasty! Yack!
    Because it is an unstable chemical in cosmetic products. Even when mixing it into a formulation, it is risky because it can oxidize quickly due to the air and light. That's why it is also best to use Hq that's in a non-transparent tube, pump, or other container that will prevent and lessen the risk of oxidation and not use them if they are in a jar or a transparent container, as it will become ineffective quite quickly.

Oct 8, 2009, 11:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Because it is an unstable chemical in cosmetic products. Even when mixing it into a formulation, it is risky because it can oxidize quickly due to the air and light. Thats why it is also best to use Hq that's in a non-transparent tube, pump, or other container that will prevent and lessen the risk of oxidation and not use them if they are in a jar or a transparent container, as it will become ineffective quite quickly.

Oh thanks whiz sis! :p

I don't know I just have such a natural aversion to HQ and bad experience with it, I feel like it can even oxidize under the skin or something

Iremember being given a script of hq compounded by derm and he made me keep it in the fridge

It turned brown anywayz in the fridge, what a costly waste

I'm going to stick with non-HQ

I like creams that can store for even a couple yearz in translucent bottle without risk of oxidation :cool:
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 12:37 AM
    Hq in the fridge? He probably said that in hopes to keep it fresh longer, but in the fridge once you open it the bright light comes on and cold air is always blowing on it. I would prefer to put it in a cabinet, but if it's in a jar the chance only increases of it oxidizing. Each time the lid is removed anyway. I don't know how my skin would react with hq? I only knowingly used it on my acne spots for a few weeks a few years back, and it had made my skin much clearer by the 3rd week. I was surprised. But, I never used it to lighten (excluding bio claire in which they had lied with their 0.06%, I hope they get sued).

Oct 9, 2009, 12:44 AM

Oh thanks. Yeah it waz in black glass bottle with "airless" screwon pump but still it oxidized. Hq is crazy like that unless its processed in factory with magnesium stearate I guess.

Someone on another forum told me HQ works best when mixed with tretinoin of course, plus NAC powder. And that NAC will slow down the oxidation too better than vit C. I will try that if I ever get some more HQ cream. Doubt it.

Re- Bio Claire That's stupid they tried to slip a little Hq in there,s that's not going to do anything but turn the cream brown and spoil any good ingredients there.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 01:05 AM
    Yeah, using tretinoin along with hq will prevent skin thinning and damage. But it's good to use with any skin product.
    Skin whitening - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oct 9, 2009, 02:11 AM

Will using Tretinoin too long thin out the skin or is that just corticoids?

I read somewheres that tret stimulates collages, so doesn't thin it out - as u say.

I would like to use Tret continuously at a dilute strength (diluted into other natural creams like arbutin, turmeric, etc)
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 08:43 PM
    Tretinoin (vitamin A) will not thin the skin, it will do the opposite and yes stimulate collagen and keep the skin healthy, and prevent thinning. Use as prescribed, I persnally would use it maybe everyother evening at 0.05&#37;. Some people use it at a lesser concentration 0.025% and some mix it in their skincare creams and use it on a daily basis. After I get use to the 0.05% after a few months, then I'll up it at 0.1% which is that I know of the strongest. So, I think it's best to start off smal and add from there as 0.1% is quite strong.

Corticosteroids will definitely thin the skin and shouldn't be used as a lightener.

I have heard of tumeric being used on the skin, is it because it may give the skin a nice golden color since it's yellow? I eat with tumeric a lot and know it is a good antioxidant, but would like to sooner or later try it in a lotion too.
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 9, 2009, 08:59 PM

I use 0.1&#37; retin a micro and retin a is really a Godsent product. I use it every night with no problems. My skin peels every few days and reveal new fresher glowing skin. HQ mixed with tretinoin is better than HQ by itself, from personal experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does Godiva work? Licorice extract is 10x better than hydroquinone it says... [ 11 Answers ]

I always thought Godiva was just a scam but does it actually work? Over time? I don't mind if it takes awhile but does it work at all? Licorice extract looks promising for skin whitening but let me know!

How soon does hydroquinone work [ 30 Answers ]

Hey guys.. my doctor prescribed 4% hydroquinone for dark spots on my skin. Can someone tell me when I will start to see results? Or do I have to use a sunblock? I really want this to work. I have marks on my legs and arm. Or does anyone have any other suggestions for these marks on my skin. I am...

Hydroquinone [ 4 Answers ]

Please read the other topics I wrote, this one can you delete moderator, I start to write and sudenly just click the button, my fault :) Read my other topic:) Bye

0.5% or 1% hydroquinone? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I would like to know whether there are any bleaching creams that contain only 0.5% or 1% hydroquinone. Ive search but can't find any. :)

IS hydroquinone really that Bad? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know about you guys but I'm really getting tired of searching for a skin lightning product that actually works, I mean I've probabley searched every where, read every forum and article about skin lightning, and I'venoticed that the products that people are saying really works are the one's...

View more questions Search