Moon Phases / Lunar Phases Explained
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 06:47 PM
    Name:  misc 009.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  21.9 KB

My dogs are barking:eek:

Edit: this was from my back yard a couple minutes ago and there was a really cool aura around the moon, my camera wasn't good enough to pick it up.
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Phases of the moon (with a cool illustration) --

Moon Phases / Lunar Phases Explained
    So if I understand that right, we are in the third quarter?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 26, 2009, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    So if I understand that right, we are in the third quarter?
    Please note that all the times listed are in Universal Time.

Moon Phases, October 2009

Full Moon – October 4, 06:10
    Last Quarter – October 11, 08:56
    New Moon – October 18, 05:33
    First Quarter – October 26, 00:42

Moon Phases, November 2009
    Full Moon – November 2, 19:14
    Last Quarter – November 9, 15:56
    New Moon – November 16, 19:14
    First Quarter – November 24, 21:39

Moon Phases, December 2009

Full Moon – December 2, 07:30
    Last Quarter – December 9, 00:13
    New Moon – December 16, 12:02
    First Quarter – December 24, 17:36
    Full Moon – December 31, 19:13 (blue moon)
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Please note that all the times listed are in Universal Time.

Moon Phases, October 2009
    Full Moon – October 4, 06:10
    Last Quarter – October 11, 08:56
    New Moon – October 18, 05:33
    First Quarter – October 26, 00:42

Moon Phases, November 2009
    Full Moon – November 2, 19:14
    Last Quarter – November 9, 15:56
    New Moon – November 16, 19:14
    First Quarter – November 24, 21:39

Moon Phases, December 2009
    Full Moon – December 2, 07:30
    Last Quarter – December 9, 00:13
    New Moon – December 16, 12:02
    First Quarter – December 24, 17:36
    Full Moon – December 31, 19:13 (blue moon)
    Well, now I am confused, but I think I can figure it out. Since today is the 26th, we are in the first quarter. The diagram made it look like the 3rd quarter was the last befoe the Full Moon:)
    Rhiannnonn Posts: 62, Reputation: 4

Oct 29, 2009, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Wow! There's going to be one on New Year's Eve! That should be a very interesting night for policeman and hospital workers!

Thanks!
    Did you also know that the second full moon of any month is what is meant by the phrase "blue moon?" So, not only will December 31 be New Year's Eve, and my fifth grandchild's birthday, but it will also be a Blue Moon.

I have also heard that lunacy stats have a tendency to go up on the new moons also. I've heard it discussed on more than a few talk shows when they're discussing the moon and whether it does or doesn't have any effect.

Oct 29, 2009, 08:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    I have never noticed any effect at all for myself, maybe it is so minimal that I don't acknowledge it. I remember we had a full moon not that long ago and looking up and thinking "Cool, a full moon"

I'm going to pay attention from now on and see if I notice anything.
    You should be where I am when the full moon hits! I will notice that things seem to be going nuts and look around for the moon. I can almost guarantee the moon will be full or new.

Oct 29, 2009, 08:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    i feel like a "night person." no mtter how tired i am during the day, i usually wake up more at night. and no matter how early i try to go to bed, if i have to wake up early, it's like torture.
    My so-called mother always said that I was born backwards because I was always a night person from the time I was born. Said she couldn't get me to sleep at night to save her life, but that I slept all day with no problem.

Most people and animals tend to have their waking cycles coincide with the daylight hours. This is how people and animals that tended to be nocturnal became thought of as evil: it was thought that they were hiding something wrong from God and the daylight.

Oct 29, 2009, 09:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    ive heard of that place 'home for veteran warewolves' right :D
    Your head will collapse, if there's nothing in it, and you'll ask yourself

Where is my mind,where is my mind
    Wheeeere is my mind

Waaaay out in the water, see it swimin :D

-----

Excuse me... where did you find the bit about the collapsing head? I'm reading it and dying!! About 35 years ago, when one of my sisters would do something particularly stupid, I would say to them, "Would you please use your brain for more than keeping your head from collapsing???" I hadn't thought about it in years until I read that! LOL!!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 29, 2009, 09:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by albear View Post
    lol, night of the living........just:D
    The original movie "The night of the living dead" was filmed right in the area where I was born and raised... scary indeed bear.
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 03:24 PM
    I don't have much results, but here they are even though my Full Moon experience is not over until 7:15 tonight, so you never know what might happen:eek:...

My body blew up like a balloon, but could have been something I ate, even though I'm pretty sure I stayed away from sodium.

I had very strange dreams and they were all connected to each other, which rarely happens. Usually they are a bunch of different ones or I never remember the connection. Also could have been food.

I did hear a lot of sirens (police, ambulance) but nothing in the neighborhood.

We also had a time change on Sunday, so this Full Moon might not be a good starting point for me, I'll have to make comparisons on the next one and the New Moon to be sure.

I did however wake up this morning full of energy, but that might have to do with the time change and that is is now light out at 6 AM.:)

I still have 5 hours to go!:rolleyes:
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 03:31 PM

On the way home this evening I noticed the full moon,and how quite the street was... not a y bird about...

I can't sleep.

And I'm smoking like a chimney... other then that all seems to be well...

Damn,I just jinxed the next 12 hours!
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Awooooooooooooooooo!!
    phlanx Posts: 213, Reputation: 13

Nov 3, 2009, 04:08 PM

Okay then, looked up at the sky
    Saw the Full Moon
    Wondered if it had any effect on me
    The answer is no
    I wondered again
    Really thought this time
    But sadly no, not a peak of madness in sight
    It wasn't until I found myself naked that I thought there might be something in this:D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 04:32 PM
    I'll put it this way...

No babies since last Thursday... Then BAM!!

4 delivered last night during the full moon! Good thing or I'd be called off work tonight.
    msfixitwomen22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 04:54 PM
    I will have to say that some of the stuff that affliate its self with the full moon is true. You just have to do research and find out what is. I don't understand how we can celebrate Halloween, but the mention of the work witch craft, pegan, wiccan, or spells, everyone gets all defensive and say its eval. Did you know that it is believed that Jesus at one time practice the Pegan ways. I think if you are going to live in the world, today's society, the way life is now, you have to have an open mind.
    I seriously believe that we should go back to the way it was because if they can make it so can we but the thing that would be different is how we all are equal. How we are respectful to every race. What would be like in the old days it light by an oil lamp, doing laundry would be out side in a tub and scrubbing them clean, working out in the yard, or having out to dinner event with your family. We are so lazy now that we became boring.
    Except for those who do live an open mind life. They understand that A full moon does mean something but it doesn't mean its all evil. I think if you have a problem with the full moon maybe you should think back in your life and see if you can say five evil things that have happened to them on a full moon, you won't find someone who can. If you do then they just either are lying about it, or they just have real crappy luck.
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 05:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by msfixitwomen22 View Post
    I will have to say that some of the stuff that affliate its self with the full moon is true. You just have to do research and find out what is. I don't understand how we can celebrate Halloween, but the mention of the work witch craft, pegan, wiccan, or spells, everyone gets all defensive and say its eval. Did you know that it is believed that Jesus at one time practice the Pegan ways. I think if you are going to live in the world, todays society, the way life is now, you have to have an open mind.
    I seriously believe that we should go back to the way it was because if they can make it so can we but the thing that would be different is how we all are equal. How we are respectful to every race. What would be like in the old days it light by an oil lamp, doing laundry would be out side in a tub and scrubbing them clean, working out in the yard, or having out to dinner event with your family. We are so lazy now that we became boring.
    Except for those who do live an open mind life. They understand that A full moon does mean something but it doesn't mean its all evil. I think if you have a problem with the full moon maybe you should think back in your life and see if you can say five evil things that have happened to them on a full moon, you won't find someone who can. If you do then they just either are lying about it, or they just have real crappy luck.
    I don't think anyone IS saying that the Full Moon is Evil. We are having fun and experimenting to see if anything is different for us.:)

We can't REALLY go back to the ways from before for many reasons, not that we wouldn't want to.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 05:53 PM

Computers went down at work for 5 hours today---the DAY before my big audit.

I'm blaming the full moon.
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 09:40 PM
    I'm good, nothing weird, except that I'm watching 'are you smarter than a 5th grader':eek:
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2009, 12:23 AM

Nothing to report-slept like a log':-)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Full moon and labor [ 6 Answers ]

Just a quick question for all my medical friends here, and anyone else interested... Anyone know if the old wives tale is true and there is a correlation b/w the moon and labor? Just curious... there is one coming up on the 23rd and I thought it would be a fun question to throw out there... I have...

Pegnancy madness [ 2 Answers ]

Im pregnant with my 4th child I'm 31 and can't remember my L.M.P date I know it was in feb thou beginning or middle? Im sure I have felt movement the first time was last week whilst talking to some friends I was shocked and almost laughed it of because its so soon but I've felt more since! I'm...

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

Full moon and its effects [ 1 Answers ]

:) Hello' I am new to this site and think so far that it is a good one for info, here is the question... tonight while driving home I noticed that the moon was very large and orange, and for the last few days it seems that everyone I've talked with is having total disruption around them, including...

Full Moon Effect [ 19 Answers ]

I don't know if this belongs under folklore or astronomy LOL so please bear with me. I know I have heard that Emergency Rooms experience a measurable upsurge around a full moon. My office seems to get a lot more than the usual weirdness then too. I am wondering do other people or businesses feel...

View more questions Search