Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 01:51 PM

I personally never feel different when there's a full moon. I usually don't even realize it's a full moon unless a particular co-worker of mine is around to point it out. It never fails though, ever time I complain how weird customers are being, it's pretty much always on nights with full moons.
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 01:59 PM

I am no scientist but every time there is a full moon my clients ask me the dumbest questions. Or they do the most mind boggling things to their fuel pumps. I don't get it. One time a guy called me and said I couldn't find the key to open the front panel so I used a crowbar to open it. A crowbar really!! Without fail I look at the calender and it says a full moon for that night.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by justcurious55 View Post
    i personally never feel different when there's a full moon. i usually don't even realize it's a full moon unless a particular co-worker of mine is around to point it out. it never fails though, ever time i complain how weird customers are being, it's pretty much always on nights with full moons.
    Hi, justcurious55!

I wonder why it is that you don't feel anything? I do...

I wonder if it might have to do with the physical characteristics of the person, or is this something that has only to do with the mind..

Thanks!
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 02:15 PM

I've heard told that a full moon can bring about many different sorts of happenings.

Sometimes thing come out in the open, secrets get revealed, people tend to be more emotional or calm (I'm more calm)
    Some feel peaceful while others feel anxious. I think it has a different effect from person to person.

I think it tips the balances in peoples lives. I don'tthink necessarily for the worse, but it helps things change is what I believe.
    Maybe a monthly emotional cleansing time, as well as many other factors.

It also brings out the werewolves! :eek:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 02:19 PM

Librarians always know from patron behavior when there is a full moon.
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 02:19 PM
    I'm the stressful and anxious kind of person when there's a full moon.

I also get a weird physical sensation that my body just isn't quite the way that it should be. It's hard to describe.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Librarians always know from patron behavior when there is a full moon.
    Hi, Wondergirl!

So, what do the patrons do that cause librarians to know that it's a full moon, please?

Thanks!
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 02:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    I'm the stressful and anxious kind of person when there's a full moon.

I also get a weird physical sensation that my body just isn't quite the way that it should be. It's hard to describe.
    Do you have a library card?
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 02:23 PM
    Yes...

You ain't talkin' 'bout me, are you?
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 02:25 PM
    Something else I just remembered.
    My cat is ALWAYS just CRAZY when it's a full moon. I mean crazier than normal crazy.
    She gets what my mom calls "the rips"
    I think it's because when she runs, she tears around the house.
    She's also much more aggressive with the other cat, and it's also about the time when she goes in heat.
    Interesting huh? :)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, Wondergirl!

So, what do the patrons do that cause librarians to know that it's a full moon, please?

Thanks!
    They are more anxious, guarded, cantankerous, annoying, feisty, antagonistic, nasty, and confused. Manic too. I forgot manic.
    phlanx Posts: 213, Reputation: 13

Oct 19, 2009, 02:27 PM

Evening all

I am a firm believer that the ways of old haven't left us yet

Man has only been able to read and write for a few thousand years, but hunting and gathering has been with us for a few 100k years

Just as a fire is hypnotic, and meat cooked over an open flame smells and looks better, I am wondering if the full moon played a signific part of mans history

If you wanted to hunt at night then a full moon would be the desreable nights to do this on

There are a few threads here that people say are restless on these nights, and I am wondering if it is because we should be out and about stalking some noctornal animal

Spitvenom
    I am no scientist but every time there is a full moon my clients ask me the dumbest questions
    I am afraid my customers ask me dumb questions all the time, we have a leader board at work, and the top question asked is :

Why isn't the equipment working?

Answer, Have you tried plugging it in to the wall socket?

Customer Reply, No not yet!

Sometimes you really can't imagine how they managed to get out of bed without ringing a helpline :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2009, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by phlanx View Post
    Evening all

I am a firm believer that the ways of old havent left us yet

Man has only been able to read and write for a few thousand years, but hunting and gathering has been with us for a a few 100k years

Just as a fire is hypnotic, and meat cooked over an open flame smells and looks better, I am wondering if the full moon played a signific part of mans history

If you wanted to hunt at night then a full moon would be the desreable nights to do this on

There are a few threads here that poeple say are restless on these nights, and I am wondering if it is because we should be out and about stalking some noctornal animal

Spitvenom

I am afraid my customers ask me dumb questions all the time, we have a leader board at work, and the top question asked is :

Why isnt the equipment working?

Answer, Have you tried plugging it in to the wall socket?

Customer Reply, No not yet!

Sometimes you really can't imagine how they managed to get out of bed without ringing a helpline :)
    You know, this is very plausible. It would also somewhat explain why my kitty goes crazy. It's probably instinct, or a biological clock thing. Nice input.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 10:03 PM

Body water - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What percentage of the average human brain is water?

Since much of the human body is water. And the moon has the largest gravitational 'pull' on the earth, I can see where this might have an affect on us since about 78% of our brain is water. Hence the moon's 'pull' could easily affect moods, actions, thinking processes and thus our actions.

After all, The moon has enough affect on our oceans and seas to create tides.

Stringer
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Oct 19, 2009, 11:10 PM

Thanks M, I think it may be true. Maybe not on everyone of us, but possibly on some.
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2009, 11:18 PM
    Maybe I'm affected so much, because my brain's so full of mush and not stuff! LOL! :)
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 08:28 AM
    I have never noticed any effect at all for myself, maybe it is so minimal that I don't acknowledge it. I remember we had a full moon not that long ago and looking up and thinking "Cool, a full moon"

I'm going to pay attention from now on and see if I notice anything.
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 11:42 AM
    The next Full Moons are November 2nd 19:15, December 2nd 7:33 and Dec 31st 19:15
    I marked them on my calendar:)
    Uber Member

Oct 20, 2009, 01:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    The next Full Moons are November 2nd 19:15, December 2nd 7:33 and Dec 31st 19:15
    I marked them on my calendar:)
    Wow! There's going to be one on New Year's Eve! That should be a very interesting night for policeman and hospital workers!

Thanks!
    phlanx Posts: 213, Reputation: 13

Oct 20, 2009, 01:11 PM

I am also wondering, we have a natural body clock, but how does it know what time of the day, year it is without markers

Does anybody know if the natural rotation of the planet, and obviously here the moon are markers for our body clocks to know what to do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Full moon and labor [ 6 Answers ]

Just a quick question for all my medical friends here, and anyone else interested... Anyone know if the old wives tale is true and there is a correlation b/w the moon and labor? Just curious... there is one coming up on the 23rd and I thought it would be a fun question to throw out there... I have...

Pegnancy madness [ 2 Answers ]

Im pregnant with my 4th child I'm 31 and can't remember my L.M.P date I know it was in feb thou beginning or middle? Im sure I have felt movement the first time was last week whilst talking to some friends I was shocked and almost laughed it of because its so soon but I've felt more since! I'm...

Rate at which moon obits the earth assuming distance between moon and earth is 382,00 [ 3 Answers ]

What is the rate that the moon orbits the earth assuming the distance between the moon and the earth is 382,000,000 meters. Should I derive from Distance=RatexTime?

Full moon and its effects [ 1 Answers ]

:) Hello' I am new to this site and think so far that it is a good one for info, here is the question... tonight while driving home I noticed that the moon was very large and orange, and for the last few days it seems that everyone I've talked with is having total disruption around them, including...

Full Moon Effect [ 19 Answers ]

I don't know if this belongs under folklore or astronomy LOL so please bear with me. I know I have heard that Emergency Rooms experience a measurable upsurge around a full moon. My office seems to get a lot more than the usual weirdness then too. I am wondering do other people or businesses feel...

View more questions Search