Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    des0812 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2006, 10:00 AM
    My red long haired mini daschund eats her poop
    Hi,

My almost 8 month mini eats her poop. I have tried Fobid & meat tenderizer and they have not seems to work. My vet told me not to worry about parasites since she is on heartworm preventative. I try to monitor her bowel habits by taking her out on the leash that helps because I can pick it up right away. We also have a doggie door for when were not home that when she seems to eat it. Sometimes she will go out the door, and when she comes back in her breath will smell like poop it is very upsetting:( does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank-you
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2006, 11:15 AM
    You can try some other additives, grapefruit juice, canned pumpkin, and another commercial product called Deter.

If that doesn't work, you may have to take away the doggie door. Of course, she could simply stool and then eat it inside.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Mini Daschund pottie issue 1 yo [ 1 Answers ]

My female doxie is a year as of July she still insists on getting up at least 2x EVERY night and if I miss her she goes and poops or pees in the bathroom. I am seriously drained from getting up twice at night but don't like the alternative. She also has been occasionally peeing on the couch like...

Long haired, matted cat [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have a long haired cat. I have had her for 3 years and never experienced this problem. She has a clump of feces matted into the hair on her behind. It is a pretty big clump.I have tried to get it off but she will not allow it. Now she is starting to stink and it is stuck in her fur...

Mini Daschund Having Seizures [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 5 yr old male, mini daschund who has recently started having seizures. I'm not familiar with the breed and actually didn't acquire him until he was 4 yrs and from a stranger so I don't know his history. Are seizures a common medical condition for this breed?

Mini Daschund Bladder Problems [ 2 Answers ]

My year old mini daschund has been holding his urine for long periods. When he does go he goes a lot. Sometimes he will start walking away while he is still peeing. He is also peeing unexpectedly when he never used too. Any suggestions?+

Mini daschund pregnancy [ 3 Answers ]

Can anybody tell me how long a mini daschund pregnancy lasts? I think my mini might have gotten pregnant on her last heat?

View more questions Search