Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adadahl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2009, 07:59 PM
    Are they considered breeches too?
    I've been trying to hunt down the term for these pants. Finding them has proven to be a whole other issue, so maybe this will help.
    I am only able to assume that they might just be breeches.. but when I think breeches I picture those huge side parts of the pants that run the length of the thigh.

The pants I'm looking for are more like what you saw little peasant boys running around in during the 1800's.

I'd be most obliged for any leads!
    Thanks!

Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 08:33 PM
    They are knickerbockers also known as knickers (It is an older use of the term.)

If you are familiar with the song "Ya Got Trouble (Right Here in River City)" from The Music Man, these are the type of pants referred to when it talks about boys re-buckling their knickerbockers below the knee.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knickerbockers_(clothing)
    Adadahl Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2009, 08:49 PM

Aye, swell!

Thank you very much:)
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 09:14 PM
    You're welcome. :)

Glad I could help in any way.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this considered against the law? If so, what to do. [ 7 Answers ]

I have a very good friend who is friends with a mutual friend of ours. We used to all work together. I have ceased the friendship with the mutual friend, she was a user. My other friend though, has not. What has happened is lawyers, bill collectors, cheque cashing places, landlords, work...

What is considered abandonment? [ 2 Answers ]

My sons father hasn't had anything to do with us since I was about 5 months pregnant, now my son is 6 months old. How would I go about getting him for abandonment? I was threatened through out my first 5 months of pregnancy that after my son was old enough he (the father) was going to get him...

What is considered old gas [ 4 Answers ]

How old does gas have to be to be considered "old" and should not be used? i.e weeks, months? I have a couple gallons of 87 oct. gas that I have had since mid December, would that be considered old? How would I dispose of it if I had to? Thanks

What is it considered? [ 5 Answers ]

When I first came here and I said that if a parent took off with a child and even crossed state lines without permission of the other parent then it was kidnapping and everyone here that replied insisted repeatedly that a parent can not kidnap their own child. I need to know if it is not kidnapping...

Can these be considered in returns [ 4 Answers ]

1)My friends parents came to US to visit him and were here for a month or so. What are the returns he can ask for while filing his tax returns? Can he ask for returns on their travel tickets from home country to US? They also traveled within US. 2) My friend has been supporting his brother ( age...

View more questions Search