Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talal-crackdown Posts: 34, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2009, 09:52 AM
    How to write this essay.
    Dear all,
    I am participating in an essay writing competetion.
    The topic of essay is "WE LIVE IN THE AGE OF INFORMATION".
    I want to be a top scorer in this competetion and I need to know that what should be outline of essay and on which grounds I should write it.. I really want to perform well and the competetion is very hard... so help me in this respect... this esasay has to be a high leveld essay...
    I will be personally very greatfull to all... thankyou
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Hi, talal-crackdown!

If you would like to post a draft of your essay here, I'm sure that there will be those of us who'll be willing to come along to suggest to you ways that you might make improvements to it.

What are the specific instructions for writing the essay, please? It would be helpful to know that.

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2009, 12:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, talal-crackdown!

If you would like to post a draft of your essay here, I'm sure that there will be those of us who'll be willing to come along to suggest to you ways that you might make improvements to it.

What are the specific instructions for writing the essay, please? It would be helpful to know that.

Thanks!
    Dear Clough,
    Till now I have not written this essay.. I am searching for a STRONG OUTLINE... once I get discover an outline it would be easy for me to compose it.I will surely draft my essay here after completion.
    About instructions... there are no hard and fast rules... istructions are as follows..

Content
    Students are independent in their creativity and imagination, out of the box thinking would be highly encouraged. Please also note that students are strictly discouraged any form of plagiarism.

Word Count: 1000
    Students must ensure that the word limit is not exceeded by maximum 1000 words. Include word count at the end of the essay.

Presentation is Everything!
    All essays must be properly typed, formatted and printed on both sides of A4 size sheets with the essay topic center aligned and the student’s particulars left aligned.
    mathwiz3502 Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2009, 05:41 AM

Dear tatal-crackdown,
    If I were you I would base the essay on the fact that right now, no one person can do everything we have in normal life. Because of this, every person focuses on one role to support one portion of the human population. And due to information, one person's life's work can be obtained by someone in a week. With information, intelligence can easily be doubled. In fact, writing was created to spread information.

I hope this helps.

Oct 12, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mathwiz3502 View Post
    Dear tatal-crackdown,
    If I were you I would base the essay on the fact that right now, no one person can do everything we have in normal life. Because of this, every person focuses on one role to support one portion of the human population. And due to information, one person's life's work can be obtained by someone in a week. With information, intelligence can easily be doubled. In fact, writing was created to spread information.

I hope this helps.
    Thank you Mathwiz,I have found your thinking to be very useful.. this unique point will really make my essay a unique one... but how about the negative usage of this?

Oct 18, 2009, 05:13 PM

Is this what you mean?

Without obtaining information from others, communication ceases to exist. And without communication you cannot learn any quicker than man in Prehistoric times. So, technically without information we would be caveman (although that is a false stereotype). Going back to writing, when writing was invented the intelligence of man accelerated much further.

Please reply.

Oct 19, 2009, 02:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mathwiz3502 View Post
    Is this what you mean?

Without obtaining information from others, communication ceases to exist. And without communication you cannot learn any quicker than man in Prehistoric times. So, technically without information we would be caveman (although that is a false stereotype). Going back to writing, when writing was invented the intelligence of man accelerated much further.

Please reply back.
    Yea you are right... but it should take into account that this rapid travelling information has turned our lives very fast.We are facing a massive bombardment of information... is human being able to face this bombardment?. memory assisting devices like digital diaries are lowering the tendency to remember.. we are shifting our memory burden to these digital gadgets... how about this...

Oct 19, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Yes, that is a good idea to look at, so let's put together a paragraph layout.

Introduction: State that in this time (the age of information) technology is growing rapidly and is accelerating quickly, and we need multiple ideas to keep up. You should also have a thesis connecting all of the paragraphs.

1st body: Use my first bit of information and state the invention of jobs and the role of humans bit-wise for an entire population

2nd body: explain the invention of writing and teaching to quickly spread a vast amount of information.

3rd body:You might put this in another paragraph but state the flipside of the gift of communication.

4th body:Explain the relation of technology and information and definetley point ouyt the signifigance of the internet.

Conclusion:Explain what you were getting to, the bombardment of technology and memory devices. You may even want to explain the sci-fi technology taking over the Earth.

I know this is a rough draft and I would advise you to criticize me. And pleease soon send a draft of your essay and the due date so I can work with you at a good pace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I write an essay? [ 5 Answers ]

I Want To Know How To Write An Assy,help Me

How to write an essay outline [ 1 Answers ]

What's the best way of teaching 9th graders to write an essay outline?

Who knows how to write a essay [ 2 Answers ]

I need a essay on how to describes body language in a job interview settings! And a essay on behind closed doors: Violence in the family. Have you ever been aware that someone was being abused in the home of a neighbor,friend, or relative? Can someone help me please with the two essay!!

How do I write a meaningful essay [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, Please kindly help me. I have always lost job interview selection based on the fact that I could not write good convincing essay on how I could relate my job experience with the job descriptions. Kindly assist.

View more questions Search