Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 08:05 AM
    Ever had a morning like this?
    It was 6:30 am when I got up and walked into a dark kitchen and proceeded to SLIP in doggy DOO! I wasn't amused. NO SIRREEE! 15 min. later in the pouring rain our dog bolts out our front door when the boys were trying to leave for school. After blaming each other loudly, they began running all over the neighborhood trying to catch the stupid dog. It suddenly became like a chapter out of the gingerbread man story. A pack of children waiting to catch a bus started chasing him ,a man on his way to his car started chasing him. I was furious as I ran barefoot in a bathrobe and pajama's looking like a drenched, angry, wild woman. The kids were soaked to the bone, the youngest was crying and couldn't be comforted. We couldn't catch the dog!! Have you ever had a moring such as this or worse?

P. S. Buddy ( the dog) finally wandered on home 30 min. later. AND he is still alive... against my better judgement! :D
    wolfgangqpublic Posts: 189, Reputation: 29
    -

Oct 2, 2009, 10:11 AM

Hahaha, that's really funny, my sister is writing funny stories in English, can she use this?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 10:28 AM

Hello T:

Bummer. I don't have any excitement going on in my life... I even set the timer on the stove, so that when it goes off, I think somebody wants me...

I'd like to SEE you in your drenched bathrobe..

excon
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 10:43 AM

Well, My coworker kind of had a morning like this this morning. She got up a little late and then she couldn't find anything to wear because she was running behind on laundry then she finally found something and then she had to feed her baby and change her well, that took her a few minutes to feed her and then when she started to change her she peed all over her so she had to start all over again. Then she only had about 10 minutes to get to work and she had to drop off her kids at her mothers and she ended up running through a puddle of water at her moms then on her way to work she was going on this windy road right beside our work place and forgot her brakes barely work so she almost had an accident. She did eventually make in though, and I found the story amusing.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 10:48 AM

Ex,

Well I'm sure I was a sight... I looked like a raving homeless crazed woman. My new neighbor called the cops.. and he IS a COP UGH . (.ok OK I exaggerate... no cops were called to the scene.)

AND... you have had more excitement in your life than most people I have read some of your posts... mister... :)

Wolf,
    Unless your sister is in English with two school age children, not sure the story will be believable... but hey... go for it. :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 10:49 AM
    Adam,

I enjoyed that but then misery loves company! Lol :)
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 11:06 AM

Classy, every morning in the Altenweg household is like yours.

Not a day goes by that I don't step in dog poo. I don't understand why I still haven't learned to watch where I step, but alas, I haven't. I now wear slippers. Washable slippers.

We have three dogs, the youngest, at a year old, is a Beagle. Beagles are hound dogs, they have an amazing sense of smell. Because of that they can never be let off leash. They catch a scent and run. He digs under the fence, runs like his life depends on it and we have to run after him to catch him. This happens at least 3 times a week. Little bugger.

I drive my kids to school. It's never a dull moment. My son, he's 11, is on a "earning money" kick. Every morning and every evening, every waking moment that he's with me, all he talks about is earning more money. At this point I'm sure he'll ask me to pay him to breath. :(

My daughter, 7, is in the whiny, weepy, clingy, downright y mode of her life. If this keeps up she may not see 8, or I may not see 40, haven't decided yet. ;)

Grab a coffee, dry off your housecoat, join me in a toast. Your dog is found, the kids are in school, now it's time for you.

Do you smell dog poo? :eek:

Crap, not again.

I'll be back, I have to go do a load of laundry, slippers included. :(
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 11:10 AM
    THIS is why I don't have a dog. :)
    Pets Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    THIS is why I don't have a dog. :)
    LMAO!

I needed that. Thanks NK.

Do you have any pets?

All animals poo.

Just fyi. ;)
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 11:23 AM
    Used to have a cat, more of an indoor/outdoor cat actually. I did ALL the work required for that pet. Kids want a dog - not going to happen, I know it'll all fall on me (again) and I don't need that now, too many other interests. Kids poo too, I'm OK with that, but they are self-sufficient now :) Can't see myself going out at 6 a.m. on a cold winter day to watch a dog squat one out then have to pick it up. LOL!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 11:24 AM

Just found that thread... Dogs are often like that. Go off like crazy, you cannot catch them and they come back later, as if nothing happened :rolleyes:
    Pets Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Used to have a cat, more of an indoor/outdoor cat actually. I did ALL the work required for that pet. Kids want a dog - not gonna happen, I know it'll all fall on me (again) and I don't need that now, too many other interests. Kids poo too, I'm ok with that, but they are self-sufficient now :) Can't see myself going out at 6 a.m. on a cold winter day to watch a dog squat one out then have to pick it up. LOL!
    Rabbits can be litter box trained.

Just throwing that out there. :)
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 11:27 AM
    We like to travel a bit so I don't want to worry about coming home to a dead pet. We have fish tank gear, that might see some action soon.
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 11:43 AM

My oldest dog who is about 5 months old now likes to play a new game he discovered. He likes for you to come and get him when you are ready to go inside. Then when you get to him he runs to the other side of the yard and sits down. So, you walk over to get him there and then what does he do but run away again and sits down waiting on you. So, after a few tries I give up and go inside, a few minutes later I hear a scratch at the door because he wants in.
    Pets Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 11:43 AM
    We like to travel a bit so I don't want to worry about coming home to a dead pet. We have fish tank gear, that might see some action soon.
    If you lived closer to me I'd take care of the pets. What's one or two more with the zoo I already have?

On a bright note, I found out today that my bird is indeed female. Yes, there was some confusion as to her sex. She was bought from a breeder, hand raised until 6 months of age, but because of her coloring sex couldn't be determined. She's all yellow, not a usual color for cockatiels.

So hubby decided she must be male because I told him all females lay eggs, even if they aren't fertilized. No eggs, ever, so hubby was convinced that she was male. I however opted for female.

This morning there were two eggs on the bottom of her cage. Booya! Never argue with the "pet expert" she knows some stuff about some things sometimes. :)

Sadly this "pet expert" is still stepping in dog poo. :(
    Pets Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    My oldest dog who is about 5 months old now likes to play a new game he discovered. He likes for you to come and get him when you are ready to go inside. Then when you get to him he runs to the other side of the yard and sits down. So, you walk over to get him there and then what does he do but run away again and sits down waiting on you. So, after a few tries I give up and go inside, a few minutes later I hear a scratch at the door because he wants in.
    Let me guess, he's a retriever, isn't he?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 11:47 AM

Same thing here Adam!

Alty, glad to find that you changed your avy again. I just noticed it :) The bunny with the carrot stuck in her butt will miss me though :p *kidding* ;)
    Pets Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 11:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    Same thing here Adam!

Alty, glad to find that you changed your avy again. I just noticed it :) The bunny with the carrot stuck in her butt will miss me though :p *kidding* ;)
    The bunny is having a well deserved vacation.

It's funny, I changed my avy back and got around 10 PM's thanking me because people hated the bunny.

So sad.

That bunny was cute. :(
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Let me guess, he's a retriever, isn't he?
    Pretty much nailed it. He is a golden retriever/boxer mix
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 11:52 AM

Well Classy.. glad to see you are keeping your good humor,that will see you through many more years :)

My little ones are men now and so the daily dramas have passed and you may not think so now but it 25 years you will wistfully say "gee, it sure is quiet around here".

Today is the day you treat yourself to take out for dinner.Than you can all sit at the dinner table and laugh about your morning jog!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Morning after [ 3 Answers ]

Can u get this in walk in centres?

My morning [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, so I wake up, And, not refreshed Because… I have a cat attacking, clawing and biting at my feet. Did I mention I have Regional Sympathic Dystrophy Syndrome in my feet and ankles? Well, this cats playing with my foot like a dead rat or something send me through the ceiling, literally. I...

Morning after pill [ 8 Answers ]

Ok so I started showing signs that might mean that I'm pregnant and the last time I had sex was about four days ago.. should I take the morning after pill if I'm showing signs?

Morning erection [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone help to know if it's necessary for every male to get an erection every morning?

View more questions Search