Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    Pretty much nailed it. He is a golden retriever/boxer mix
    See, the "pet expert" is wise. :)

I know why he's doing what he's doing, but you'll have to start your own thread. :)

I have a lab, they're retrievers too. :)
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    See, the "pet expert" is wise. :)

I know why he's doing what he's doing, but you'll have to start your own thread. :)

I have a lab, they're retrievers too. :)
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/dogs/w...ml#post2010000

I was lazy and used the same story but here it is.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2009, 05:33 AM

Hahaha Classy T, don'tcha hate days like that...

We had a similar experince at my partners mother house... we were having a barbecue there with a bunch of friends.. getting rather... tipsy... OK, OK we were blind drunk and some idiot opened the front door and let her little maltese/silky mix out... we were all staggering around the street calling to the 'little doggy'
    Little rat just kept whizzing around our feet out on the road :rolleyes:
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Hahaha Classy T, don'tcha hate days like that....

We had a similar experince at my partners mother house... we were having a barbecue there with a bunch of friends.. getting rather... tipsy... ok, ok we were blind drunk and some idiot opened the front door and let her little maltese/silky mix out... we were all staggering around the street calling to the 'little doggy'
    Little rat just kept whizzing around our feet out on the road :rolleyes:
    LOL... well watching that would have been entertaining anyway. Perhaps being blind drunk is the only way to handle the situation1 Lord knows I wanted to have a stiff drink after my fiasco! Ha ha. :p
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2009, 07:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    LOL.....well watching that would have been entertaining anyway. Perhaps being blind drunk is the only way to handle the situation1 Lord knows I wanted to have a stiff drink after my fiasco! ha ha. :p
    A little Bailey's in your morning coffee never killed anyone.

Just saying. ;)
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2009, 07:32 PM
    Classy, every morning in the Altenweg household is like yours.

Not a day goes by that I don't step in dog poo. I don't understand why I still haven't learned to watch where I step, but alas, I haven't. I now wear slippers. Washable slippers.

We have three dogs, the youngest, at a year old, is a Beagle. Beagles are hound dogs, they have an amazing sense of smell. Because of that they can never be let off leash. They catch a scent and run. He digs under the fence, runs like his life depends on it and we have to run after him to catch him. This happens at least 3 times a week. Little bugger.

I drive my kids to school. It's never a dull moment. My son, he's 11, is on a "earning money" kick. Every morning and every evening, every waking moment that he's with me, all he talks about is earning more money. At this point I'm sure he'll ask me to pay him to breath. :(

My daughter, 7, is in the whiny, weepy, clingy, downright y mode of her life. If this keeps up she may not see 8, or I may not see 40, haven't decided yet. ;)

Grab a coffee, dry off your housecoat, join me in a toast. Your dog is found, the kids are in school, now it's time for you.

Do you smell dog poo? :eek:

Crap, not again.

I'll be back, I have to go do a load of laundry, slippers included. :(
    LOL LOL... thanks Alty. I especially enjoyed your description of your daughter... too funny. My kids want to earn money too... only they want paid in advance! And while I don't have a daughter... boys can be very emotional too! My 11 year old falls apart over the weirdest stuff. AND... since he has been born I don't think I have slept through the night.. the kid ALWAYS has an "issue" at night... he is hot, he is cold, he heard a noise, last week he woke me because... ( I just love this one)... he couldn't sleep!! He is standing over my bed whispering so as not to wake his Dad..? So I sat on his bed until he fell back to sleep. Motherhood!! THEN I swear my 16 year old son suffers from serious PMS. I always ask him if he is getting his period soon... ( he thinks I'm weird... ME? ) :D
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2009, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    LOL LOL...thanks Alty. I especially enjoyed your description of your daughter...too funny. My kids want to earn money too...only they want paid in advance! And while I don't have a daughter...boys can be very emotional too! My 11 year old falls apart over the weirdest stuff. AND....since he has been born I don't think I have slept through the night..the kid ALWAYS has an "issue" at night...he is hot, he is cold, he heard a noise, last week he woke me because.....( i just love this one)....he couldn't sleep!!!! He is standing over my bed whispering so as not to wake his Dad.......???? So I sat on his bed until he fell back to sleep. Motherhood!!!! THEN I swear my 16 year old son suffers from serious PMS. I always ask him if he is getting his period soon......( he thinks I'm wierd.....ME?!) :D
    OMG! You have my son! You do! They're twins!

Last night I went out, a friend of mine is in town. I got home late, Jared and Sydney were both asleep.

I was beat, went to bed, it was around 2am. I just drift off, I'm dreaming happy little powder puff clouds in the sky dreams when I hear a noise. I open my eyes and there's my sweet 11 year old emotional wreck. "Mom", he says, "there's nothing good on tv". Um, what? It's 2am son, time to sleep. "But I can't fall asleep unless I watch tv". But, you were asleep, I saw you, you were snoring, drooling, dreaming. "I wasn't sleeping"! Yes, you were, I know you were. Hey, news flash kid, I was sleeping too.

Sigh.

Seriously, Bailey's in the coffee. No one one with kids would judge you for it, I promise. ;)
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 3, 2009, 09:21 PM
    OMG! You have my son! You do! They're twins!

Last night I went out, a friend of mine is in town. I got home late, Jared and Sydney were both asleep.

I was beat, went to bed, it was around 2am. I just drift off, I'm dreaming happy little powder puff clouds in the sky dreams when I hear a noise. I open my eyes and there's my sweet 11 year old emotional wreck. "Mom", he says, "there's nothing good on tv". Um, what? It's 2am son, time to sleep. "But I can't fall asleep unless I watch tv". But, you were asleep, I saw you, you were snoring, drooling, dreaming. "I wasn't sleeping"! Yes, you were, I know you were. Hey, news flash kid, I was sleeping too.

Sigh.

Seriously, Bailey's in the coffee. No one one with kids would judge you for it, I promise. ;)
    LMAO ! I miss those days! Really !Your so lucky,before you know it they will be gone ,all grown up and it happens in the blink of an eye. ;)
    Pets Expert

Oct 3, 2009, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    LMAO ! I miss those days! Really !Your so lucky,before you know it they will be gone ,all grown up and it happens in the blink of an eye. ;)
    Don't I know it!

I can't believe they're already 11 and 7! Where did the time go?

I don't remember giving them permission to grow up.

Before I know it I'll be a... gulp... grandma! :eek:
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2009, 04:10 AM
    Don't I know it!

I can't believe they're already 11 and 7! Where did the time go?

I don't remember giving them permission to grow up.

Before I know it I'll be a....gulp....grandma! :eek:
    Awww Grandma Alty :)
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 07:07 AM

Alty,

LOL... I enjoyed that very much. It is MY life and it isn't funny at 2:00 a.m. when you are sound asleep but it IS funny later.

Artlady,

I know what you mean, I cherish EVERYTHING about this time in their lives. Even if I do vent every now and then. I adore my children and our lives together. I hate to sound corney but honestly they make my life worth every crappy thing I'v had to go through so far.

P.S. I better NOT be a grandma for a long, long time. I have to beat the girls off my boys they are sooo cute, fun, darling... oops this was suppose to be a thread about my really really bad dog. I actually enjoy some of his antics too! Geesh I'm overly sentimental and mushy this morning... maybe it is the BAILEY's in my coffee... ;) lol
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 4, 2009, 07:26 AM

Lol!

Ok, a little more about me... perhaps TMI! :eek: ;)

When I was little, I remember I would go to my dad's room and wake him up for a yes or for a no. Once, there was a rat in my room making noise with a plastic bag... another time couldn't sleep, peed in the bed (that was long ago), another with mosquitoes, and the weirdest one, which I don't understand till now... I was seeing the slight reflection of a plastic cup on my homework desk... and it starting moving! And it kept moving like a ballet dancer! :eek: I know I saw it, I don't understand it. Go figure :rolleyes:
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 04:50 PM

Unknown,

Hey don't feel bad... if I had a rat in my room with a plastic bag I'd wake EVERYONE in my house up AND probably pee too!

I remember waking my Mom up in the middle of the night because I had a bad dream... she'd come staggering in half asleep with a wild head of hair and a pillow teling me to move over. Someone how that was comforting to me, that is just what moms do I guess.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 07:37 PM

I know what you mean, I cherish EVERYTHING about this time in their lives. Even if I do vent every now and then. I adore my children and our lives together. I hate to sound corney but honestly they make my life worth every crappy thing I'v had to go through so far.
    Not corny at all!
    My kids are without a doubt the best thing that has ever happened in my life :)
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 5, 2009, 06:10 PM
    Altenweg's beagle story brought back many smelly memories. Years ago I lived in a share household with 4 adults (sort of), a cat and a beagle.

The beagle was a demon. A total escape artist. Despite being short and squat he would dig, jump, gnaw, burrow or bash his way to 'freedom'. Freedom being that area, of his enormous desire, beyond the fence. I have never, ever lived with a dog that was so difficult to contain.

One of his worse habits was that once he had liberated himself from the confines of our back yard (which was at least twice per week) he would seek out the smelliest, most revolting substances to roll himself in. Poo, vomit, rotting unnamed substances, garbage. As long as it smelt untterly putrid, it was the elixir of the Gods to him.

I can still picture the smile on his face as he trotted, reeking, to the back door, very pleased with himself and content in the knowledge that he had achieved his mission. (And, the look on the cat's face was indescribable... )
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 5, 2009, 10:28 PM
    Oh my God!

That shocked me and made me laugh, sorry :p
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2009, 06:16 AM

Gem,

FUNNY stuff! Thanks for sharing... dogs are a hoot!
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2009, 03:53 AM

Hahaha Gemini... Dogs + Gross smells = Heaven!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Morning after [ 3 Answers ]

Can u get this in walk in centres?

My morning [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, so I wake up, And, not refreshed Because… I have a cat attacking, clawing and biting at my feet. Did I mention I have Regional Sympathic Dystrophy Syndrome in my feet and ankles? Well, this cats playing with my foot like a dead rat or something send me through the ceiling, literally. I...

Morning after pill [ 8 Answers ]

Ok so I started showing signs that might mean that I'm pregnant and the last time I had sex was about four days ago.. should I take the morning after pill if I'm showing signs?

Morning erection [ 8 Answers ]

Can someone help to know if it's necessary for every male to get an erection every morning?

View more questions Search