Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilmomma_2010 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2009, 02:02 AM
    My little girl likes playn wit her diapers!
    My 19 month daughter likes taking her dirty diapers off and playing and smearing it everywhere I've tried everything from onesies,sleepers,and even took advice from a friend to use ducktape on tha flaps nothing works dr.says she like tha texture I'm stuck?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Oct 2, 2009, 03:58 AM

This isn't anything I haven't heard before, but not for a long time. The doctor is right, you will have to wait till she grows out of it or until you find a foolproof method which she can't get around. Small children like playing in mud because the texture satisfies them, this isn't any different to her. She doesn't realize its not supposed to be done because after all, how can you explain it to her at l9 months old!

Tick
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Oct 3, 2009, 05:13 AM

Have you thought about making some goop for her to play with...

Mix up some cornflour and water, you can add a little food coloring too... she will most likely love playing with it and squelching it in her fingers and it will keep her out of her diaper, best part is if she gets some in her mouth there is nothing nasty in there.
    When my little brother used to play with it we jut got plastic table cloths and put them on the floor, or put him outside on the grass/concrete and hosed it off afterwards.

You could also try finger painting... same thing but just buy some non-toxic paints and some large sheets of paper... then you also get to keep her artwork as well :)
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

Oct 4, 2009, 05:22 PM

Its normal and I agree with shaz, get some goopy stuff to play with. Play dough, etc. there are lots of recipies for different textures of goop online :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children and diapers [ 8 Answers ]

Hi my daughter is 2 years old and I have been using huggies diapers... but they tend to leak a lot.but I wanted to try pampers but I'm not sure if your supposed to change the kind of diapers they use... all though she does not have sensitive skin... but should I not change them?

I want to be rid of diapers FOREVER! [ 12 Answers ]

I have a 2 and 1/2 year old and a 1 and 3/4 year old. I am hoping I can potty train together. I am on medical leave from work and I have plenty of time. I have been trying but (and I hope I don't offend any guys out there) BUT MY BOYS ARE SO FREAKIN LAZY!! My daughter was potty trained by 10...

Cost of disposable diapers? [ 3 Answers ]

Hii again... I was wondering about disposable diapers. What is the approximate amount I would spend on diapers per month? For now, I am not looking for the most expensive diapers either. Thanks :D:rolleyes: P.S.. . I'm making my baby budget!

Scarring from reaction to diapers. [ 1 Answers ]

My mom said, "that when I was little Pamper was just coming out with their new pampers." My mom said that she tried them on myself, and I started breaking out bad on my private area, between my thighs, and my buttock area. To this day I have the scars from the reaction to the pamper product. My...

View more questions Search