Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John Bold Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Oct 1, 2009, 08:07 PM
    How can I write a "bat" file that will run same exe file multiple times ?
    I'm struggling with writing my bat file recently.

It's a basic *.bat file that is going to do some stuff on the command line.
    I have wrote a basic bat file that runs ***.exe file on the command line (that is going to re-flash cell phones). But I want it to run the same exe files two times. It's a kind a exe files that starts in windows' window. But I want to open multiple windows (. Like, I want to run same exe file in different windows in order to re-flash couple phones at the same time in different windows...

Basically, I wrote the name of the exe file 2 times bottom of the first one on the edit page but, it waits for first programs to be end to open second window.

If you know how do you write simple bat files to accomplish simple ms-dos commands I think, it's pretty easy for you!!

My question is what line or command should I add to my bat file to make my bat file run exe file 2 or multiple times in different windows without wait for first one's end??
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Oct 2, 2009, 05:35 AM

This batch file will launch a program (Windows Calculator) repeatedly. The START command launches the program, the WAIT program waits until it's finished. The PAUSE command probably won't be necessary for what you wish to do.

If you remove the "WAIT", you'll get multiple copies of calculator running. In fact, if you let this run without the PAUSE, you'll have more copies of calculator than you can deal with.

Here's a link to information on the START command

MS-DOS start command help

:BEGIN
    START/WAIT C:\WINDOWS\system32\CALC.EXE
    PAUSE
    Go to BEGIN
    John Bold Posts: 58, Reputation: 0

Oct 4, 2009, 12:06 AM

Thanks a lot! This is what I was looking for...
    jai2128 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2012, 03:41 AM
    Thank You so much,how I can repeat this without pressing any key...

By jai
    RogerVadey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2013, 09:32 AM
    Just download and install Dr.Batcher, it's a tool to create batch file. Run Simple mode, choose command 'Execute program' and type the program you want to run. Repeat any times you need. That's all!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ex-Girlfriend wants to get back together - Slept with "friend" multiple times [ 3 Answers ]

My former girlfriend and I have dated on and off for 4 years, 2.5 of those years were in a long distance relationship. I have broken up with her twice during that time and both times we have decided to get back together. The reason I broke up with her on the last occasion was because she wanted...

Convert A.Illustraor "letterhead" file to Word file to type letters in [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I have created a letterhead template/file in Adobe Illustrator in colour. I know I can "convert to Word file" in Illustrator, but the images (logo, text) come out a bit fuzzy and unclean. I want to be able to open the letterhead in Word so that I can type letters directly on the...

F1, J1 and "pending lawful permanent resident". What form to file? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi This is my case: I came to California from lebanon in summer 2005 on F1 student visa. My OPT began Feb2nd 2007. I worked from July07 till now in an engineering company. My status was F1 (and OPT) till feb1st 2008, J1 afterwards as a trainee for supposibly 18 months. However I started my...

View more questions Search