Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SeahawkMom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 07:19 PM
    Pulsing water sounds and low pressure
    We have recently noticed that our water is making a pulsing sound, and if there is more than one faucet running, the water pressure is very low, what could be the problem? Can someone please help? Could this be the pressure regualator gone bad?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Oct 1, 2009, 07:30 PM

Well or city water? Do you have a PRV (pressure reducing valve). Last but not least, get the pulsing sound to start and then warp your hand around the main shut off valve coming into the home, feel and vibration?
    thegoodthomas Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 07:44 PM
    It could be a number of things.befor you do anything put a call into your water provider and inqire if they are doing repairs in your service area or having supply issues.if that is OK then you first check water meter to make sure the dial is not spinnig like a top this would mean u have a leak.shut off the water and get help.second make sure the valve at the meter is full on.check the valve at the house as well.if these are fine then attempt to turn regulator pressure up by turning the ajustment bolt sticking out the face of regulator.turn it only 1/4 turn at a time too much pressure will blow your pipes.if ajusting the regulator doesn't work .then it most lickly is the regulator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This lyrics sounds abit like R&B hope it sounds good: what of this too [ 1 Answers ]

I, is not easy, but you still got to push on Ready, all right Chorus when they say this they say that Do what you do3x when they say this they say that Do what you do

Sounds like water running [ 3 Answers ]

I have the constant sound in my bathroom as if water is running somewhere. The sound is loudest under one of the sinks. I checked the water meter outside, but the dial is not turning so it's not water. This is a single family home, so the sound is not coming from any other place. What could cause...

Constant, rhythmic pulsing water pressure [ 2 Answers ]

Hello Tom/Mark, We have a well system and have always had powerful smooth water pressure for the past 7 years but within the last 2 months we noticed the water constantly, and very rythmically pulses not matter where at in the home the water is turned on and it is every time the water is turned...

Horn sounds /water [ 1 Answers ]

Hi... trumpet sounds are heard every time we flush, turn on the water etc. It is getting worse. What is the problem and can we fix it? Teddybear42

View more questions Search