Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nicola_Cummings Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Getting personal belonging back from a friend that was storing it
    I have this friend that was "Helping Me Out" by storing my son's & my personal belongings in her house we had a major fall out and now she won't let me have my stuff!! She text me every once in a while saying I can then want answer when. I am trying to find out the Georgia Laws (Floyd County) on this situation & how to get our stuff back it's almost everything we both own & I really need to know the legal steps I need to follow to get back to me!! Please any advice is appreciated Thanks!!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 1, 2009, 09:01 PM

Have you notified the Police? What did they say?

Make a list of your belongings and sue her in Small Claims Court.
    Nicola_Cummings Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 1, 2009, 10:14 PM

I can't make a list because I can't remember what all is there it is everything we had in a 3 bdrm double wide trailer & yes everything but our clothing. So I'm trying to found out the laws on this so I can get my stuff back. I live in Rome, Georgia
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 06:39 AM

Hello N:

The laws are simple. She has your stuff. She should either give it back or pay your for it.

THAT'S THE LAW. There's NO other law. Now, if you want to ENFORCE the law, you need to SUE her for the value of your stuff.

excon
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 2, 2009, 06:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicola_Cummings View Post
    I can't make a list because I can't remember what all is there it is everything we had in a 3 bdrm double wide trailer & yes everything but our clothing. So I'm trying to found out the laws on this so I can get my stuff back. I live in Rome, Georgia

As excon said - there is no such law. Either the Police help you or you go to Court. Those are your only choices.

The best you can do is attempt to make a list -

But, again, there is no law that specifically addresses your situation. Your belongings haven't been stolen. You must sue for their return - I doubt very much that the Police will be helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mother kept personal belonging when thrown out [ 8 Answers ]

My mother throw me out because she didn't like the fact I was bi and dating guys and anyway she throw my clothes in the yard so I got that back but now I renting a room with a friend and I went back to get the rest of my things and she won't give them back, I went to the police they said they could...

How to sell a car belonging to my friend [ 5 Answers ]

My friend helped me bought a car, but this car is bought in my friend's name. That is, although I paid everything, this car belongs to my friend lawfully. Now my friend is moving to other state. I'm wondering how can I sell this car when later I leave this state too. Is it enough that my friend...

Identity and Belonging [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I am suppose to draw on ideas from this single prompt: "It is important to our sense of self to feel as if we belong" So far I have came up with: -It is important because it gives us a purpose in life as we aren't left alienated because we have associations with people as a...

Personal growth book for friend [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to know if anybody could recommend any books on personal growth. Not looking for inspirational type stuff, but more a 'how to get beyond' your problems type thing. I just found out the other day that a guy that was like my own son tried to kill himself... again. He was my mechanic in...

View more questions Search